UVB lighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

c_pierce705

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Madcity, WI
Does anyone know if verilix brand lights offer UVB. I looked at their website but it doesnt offer any great tips on that. I have the instant sun version and it does say that its used for reptiles but Im wondering if it gives off UVB? Anyone got any idea? Thanks

Tegan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Hill Country, TX
I'm not sure what the brand is of mine off the top of my head but i do know that it says UVB on the bulb. If it is one of the bulbs that screws in like a light bulb then it is for sure not UVB. All The UVB's that I have seen are the long tube like bulbs.

c_pierce705

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Madcity, WI
Tegan said:
I'm not sure what the brand is of mine off the top of my head but i do know that it says UVB on the bulb. If it is one of the bulbs that screws in like a light bulb then it is for sure not UVB. All The UVB's that I have seen are the long tube like bulbs.

It is the long tube type lights....but I dont think it says UVB or UVA on it....

Jentortmom

10 Year Member!
Arizona
It will say on the box if it has uvb and what percent. You want at least 5% uvb. They sell bulbs now that will fit in a socket that have the uvb, mine is 10%.

B

Bansh88

30 minutes of sunlight is better than any bulb. Lot cheaper too.

c_pierce705

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Madcity, WI
Bansh88 said:
30 minutes of sunlight is better than any bulb. Lot cheaper too.

well, he gets more than 30 minutes of sunlight a day but Im talking more supplemental......

Jentortmom

10 Year Member!
Arizona
If you take your torts out each day for 30 mins or every other day for an 1 hour then you don't really need a uvb bulb. At least that is what I have been told.

T-P

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Coventry, England
You should only have Reptile UV lights, such as Reptisun, Reptiglo...

Status
Not open for further replies.