UVB light

Elyzha

Location (City and/or State)
Richmond
I plan on bringing my tortoise with me to Florida when I am visiting my dad... i want to be aboe to provide him with fresh sunlight but that being said if he is getting fresh sun light do i even need to worry about bringing his uvb light and heat lamp? Because i remember reading somewhere that someone let their tortoise run amongst in their backyard for their vitamin d and didnt even need to use their uvb light as for the heat lamp would florida heat be sufficient? For just 4 days

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
I plan on bringing my tortoise with me to Florida when I am visiting my dad... i want to be aboe to provide him with fresh sunlight but that being said if he is getting fresh sun light do i even need to worry about bringing his uvb light and heat lamp? Because i remember reading somewhere that someone let their tortoise run amongst in their backyard for their vitamin d and didnt even need to use their uvb light as for the heat lamp would florida heat be sufficient? For just 4 days
Is there anyway to leave your tort here for such a short period. They are terrible travels and get very stressed due to the strange area and smells- ie not my home!

Reactions: Tom

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
You don't need to bring his UVB light. He can go without it for short periods of time. But reconsider taking him with you, like Blackdog said.

Reactions: Tom