URI's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbie

5 Year Member
So I finally got everything going great and on track with Wilbur then he gets a URI how this happened I have no idea. So frustrating!!! So I took him to the vet the moment I noticed his congestion and we started him on Baytril. I have been giving it orally, instead of injecting it since he very strong and I am unable to get to his front legs without hurting him. However from what I've read about the abx Baytril it is better administered PO instead of a injection. But then I hear so much conflicting info when it comes to Sulcatas and their care. He is know been on the medication for over two weeks with no real improvement. I bumped up his heat since the vet said to keep him at high temps until he is feeling better. I did try putting him in the bathroom with hot water running to see if the steam would help but no change. I'm taking him back in tomorrow and reguesting an x-ray. He is eating a ton, gaining weight but not as active and boy is he grumpy:(. And he has never been a hisser but right now everything seems to tick him off. He does not have a runny nose but his R eye waters a little now and again. I'm scared for him. Anyone else had a simular problem? Or has any words of wisdome to help them get better soon, he and I would greatly appreciate it.Thanks

Wilbie

5 Year Member
Sulcata with URI

My poor little guy some how got a URI. He is currently taking Baytril but is not improving. He is eating well infact since being on the medication acts like he is starving. But he is not acting like himself! He is hissing which he never has done. He does not have a runny nose but his R eye does water now and then. What scares me is I can hear him wheezing. The vet said to give it more time. But he is been on abx for over two weeks with no improvement. I've even tried putting him in the bathroom with hot water running to see if the steam would help but no change. He is gaining weight but not as active and like a said is VERY grumpy!! I'm going back in to the vet tomorrow and requesting an x-ray so we can see if there is signs of pneumonia or FOB in the lungs. The vet said the most likely just give him a secondary abx. But I could use some feed back from those that have gone thru this with their Sulcatas. I very worried for him and just want to see him better. Any recommendation would be appreciate by the both of us!! Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.