URGENT Please help! Speedy is deteriorating.

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
New Jersey
Thank you very much ! He lifted his shell up not long ago in his soak and managed to turn himself. He’s a little wobbly but it’s progress ?

one slow step at a time..
Don’t forget .... he IS a tortoise after all..?
Happy days are on the way!!!
Goooooo speedy!!!!!!
Congrats!!!!
I’ll keep praying! ???

Herman_WA

Washington
Thank you very much ! He lifted his shell up not long ago in his soak and managed to turn himself. He’s a little wobbly but it’s progress ?
I have been reading about little speedys illness and am so happy he is getting better!
I will also keep him im my prayers!

Speedy! Speedy! Speedy! We're all routing for ya!

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Pinworms? How bad can that be to cause all that suffering!!!
So glad he is making good progress.

Speedy101

North East England
Pinworms? How bad can that be to cause all that suffering!!!
So glad he is making good progress.
I have no idea. Although he has never been checked so I have nothing to go off. I never saw the need to as he was always healthy, eating and had normal poo but have now learned my lesson and will get him checked at least once a year. He has lost his appetite again because of second round of worming like I feared, still looks a lot better though! He should eat again in no time :)

Speedy101

North East England
Little update for you all. Speedy has begun to eat again after second round of worming so hopefully this is it now, well on the way to recovery. He’s legs look stronger, still not walking but he can rest on them now and slightly lift his shell. Still only eating lettuce however I’ve sneaked some of his pellets onto the mixture so he might take a bite or two. Thank you again to everyone who replied you were all a fantastic help ??

Mrs.Jennifer

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Norwich CT
Little update for you all. Speedy has begun to eat again after second round of worming so hopefully this is it now, well on the way to recovery. He’s legs look stronger, still not walking but he can rest on them now and slightly lift his shell. Still only eating lettuce however I’ve sneaked some of his pellets onto the mixture so he might take a bite or two. Thank you again to everyone who replied you were all a fantastic help ??
So glad to hear another positive report! you have been so faithful to your little Speedy.?

Liltortivert

California
I've been keeping an eye on this thread and its great to see speedy is making a comeback! Wishing you continued success!

Herman_WA

Washington
Well done! You have taken such good care of speedy! I hope he still continues to get better!