Urgent help needed!!!!! (not eating)

kevinm067

Location (City and/or State)
India
Last week i went on a trip with my 4-5 months old baby sulcata.. he was very healthy and ate much, when we can back after few days he started sleeping all day..

Now he stopped eating from 2-3 days and only sleeping.. i have a 40 gallon tank with UVA+UVB and soil substrate.. my diet is as per adviced in this forum and i have knowledge about humidity and temps too..

I live in india and the temps here are around 35 degree Celsius and basking is around 40..

From yesterday he is sleeping and when i pick him up he looks at me and sleeps back..
so i took him in natural sun today and what i see is he woke up and started running here and there and also digging which i never saw him do!!

He came in a shade and slept again..

Does anyone know what i can do to help him?
The doc said he needs more calcium and yeah thats it, we don’t have much qualified vets too :(

If anyone can help then please!!

Thanks

T Smart

5 Year Member
Chicago, IL
Hi,

To be clear, you brought your tortoise on the trip? If so, this probably wasn't the best idea, as hatchlings are very fragile. He most likely got stressed out.

Do you mind sharing a picture of your enclosure?

Tim Carlisle

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Cincinnati, OH
I agree with T Smart. It's likely stress from the trip / change of environment. It'll snap out of it soon enough. Just be sure to keep your temps and humidity up and be sure to soak it in warm water every morning.