Urgent help needed for new UK member

Lyn W

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK
This was posted yesterday by @RuthandSully in her profile posts. It's quite late here at the moment so she may not be around to pick up my reply there so I thought I'd copy it here so she can get more responses.
Hi
Can someone help. I have a Sulcato Tortoise, Sully, who I believe is around 4 years old. We live in the UK

Sully has been well up until today, she is suddenly not able to walk we cannot work out if it is her back legs or front legs. She is weeing fine and is also eating, when we place food in front of her.

She said it was the front legs and he's weeing a lot in a later post
I'll tell her to look here for replies

Last edited:

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I know more info is needed so I've asked her to add more details here with pics of she can.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Ruth: You need to make a close inspection all around the legs inside the shell to make sure nothing is stuck in there poking her. If she closes up and won't let you look then clean and rinse your bath tub well and fill it with warm water. Making her swim will get those legs out and hopefully if something's in there the water will help dislodge it

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Hopefully we can get pics so we can help her.
I wish I'd seen it earlier I've been on the forum a lot today - I don't usually check profile posts.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
@Ruthand Sully - I see you've been on the forum this morning, how is your tortoise doing??

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
@Ruthand Sully - I see you've been on the forum this morning, how is your tortoise doing??
They should have gotten a few alerts to this thread. Would be nice if they would answer them.
At least we know they came back on. Now hopefully they will respond.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I've had a reply to my PM from her and she says Sully is fine now.
She had been away from her lamp for a while but after being put back under it she walked into their kitchen without any problem. I think she is too cold wandering around the house so I've replied with the caresheet.