UPDATED - Want to Re-Home Russian Tortoises, their names are Sleepo and Turner.

Jman14

Location (City and/or State)
Cali
Basic care requirements: need to be fed a variety of wild weeds, grasses, broadleaf weeds. They need a good variety calcium rich diet, I usually feed mine Monday through fri then I don’t feed them on the weekends. There enclosure needs to be 8x4 feet or larger per tort they can be housed outside or inside if they are inside they need T-5 uvb and I recommend a Mercury heat lamp for basking you can also use a cfl/ ceramic heat emitter to keep the inside of the enclosure the right temp , if you where to build a indoor enclosure and the lighting set up is not right they can develop metabolic bone disease. A water dish should be available at all times and I usually soak the tortoises once a week for 20 min to keep them hydrated. Russian tortoises do not require hibernation although if you want to you can, if you choose to you can do it in a mini fridge to keep the right temp but I do not know a lot about that way of doing it, I would not recommend doing it outside because it usually does not get cold enough. I also would not recommend keeping them together like I have, they are solitary animals and aggressive toward one another. You should also always do your own research to make sure your ready for a big responsibility. If you need any help with anything do not be afraid to ask on the following website https://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/russian-tortoise-care-sheet.80698/ you can create an account and ask all types of questions, you can also ask me. I want to make sure that these torts are going to a good home because we rescued them and they have been in our family for a long time.

I am located in Sacramento California.

Pick up only as i am not willing to ship them in a box.

Contact Jesse Clarke

[email protected]

Sleepo 1.jpegSleepo 2.jpegTurner 1.jpegTurner 2.jpeg

Yossarian

5 Year Member
Wales
Nice looking torts, hope you can find a good home for them.

Jman14

Cali
Update from original post!!??
sleepo has a different walk but it does not affect him.
Basic care requirements: need to be fed a variety of wild weeds, grasses, broadleaf weeds. They need a good variety calcium rich diet, I usually feed mine Monday through fri then I don’t feed them on the weekends. There enclosure needs to be 8x4 feet or larger per tort they can be housed outside or inside if they are inside they need T-5 uvb and I recommend a Mercury heat lamp for basking you can also use a cfl/ ceramic heat emitter to keep the inside of the enclosure the right temp , if you where to build a indoor enclosure and the lighting set up is not right they can develop metabolic bone disease. A water dish should be available at all times and I usually soak the tortoises once a week for 20 min to keep them hydrated. Russian tortoises do not require hibernation although if you want to you can, if you choose to you can do it in a mini fridge to keep the right temp but I do not know a lot about that way of doing it, I would not recommend doing it outside because it usually does not get cold enough. I also would not recommend keeping them together like I have, they are solitary animals and aggressive toward one another. You should also always do your own research to make sure your ready for a big responsibility. If you need any help with anything do not be afraid to ask on the following website https://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/russian-tortoise-care-sheet.80698/ you can create an account and ask all types of questions, you can also ask me. I want to make sure that these torts are going to a good home because we rescued them and they have been in our family for a long time.

Contact Jesse Clarke

[email protected]

1613876228352.jpeg
1613857944171.jpeg

01CE50C5-E3B5-4C3A-977E-0442630CEDEC.jpeg

Jman14

Cali
Update from original post!!??
sleepo has a different walk but it does not affect him.

Contact Jesse Clarke

[email protected]

1613876228352.jpeg

1613857944171.jpeg

01CE50C5-E3B5-4C3A-977E-0442630CEDEC.jpeg