Updated Thor's Indoor again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seiryu

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
SE Michigan
So I finally had enough time to do something I wanted to do for a while. Build a tort bridge! It took about 6-7 hours including driving to Home Depot and having to find the screws I wanted to use.

Anyways, here is the bridge!
IndoorBridge2.jpg

I used Poplar wood for the sides and then Luan wood for the ramps and the sides. Sorry Thor, no cliff diving!
IndoorBridge3.jpg

I screwed down a strip of vinyl coated hardware cloth for "grips". The entire bridge was about 32 inches long, 6 inches wide, with roughly an angle of 25-30 degrees for the ramps
IndoorBridge4.jpg

And then I added about 3/4 to 1 inch of eco-earth/sand mixture on the bridge and stuck it in the enclosure.
ThorBridge1.jpg

Thor investigating.
ThorBridge2.jpg

Finally made it across!
ThorBridge3.jpg

He can also go underneath the bridge as well. And underneath the ramps, he can also go to hide/sleep or whatever.
ThorBridge6.jpg

It looks like he's close to not fitting through, but there's about a 1.5 inch gap from the top of his shell to the top of the semi-circle. If need be I can just take some substrate out from underneath.
ThorBridge5.jpg

Entire enclosure shot. It's 4x4 ft for now. Has two hide boxes (one by the heat and one on cool end).
NewIndoorBridge2.jpg

Another angle.
NewIndoorBridge1.jpg

Had to make two posts, darn picture limit!

Here are some older shots from before I moved things around.

These are two cinder blocks that are ramped up so he can walk through and between the 2 blocks as well. With a red paver on top.
CinderDoubleHide1.jpg

Tortoise butt.
ThorExploring5.jpg

And then a double holed cement/cinder block. He can also crawl between those too. I see him walking through them often.
CinderBlock1.jpg

Another
ThorExploring2.jpg

I am really pleased with the enclosure and bridge. I am going to try some fake plants here soon again. 0 for 2 so far. He just wants to keep eating them. If I see him eating them, I pick him up, offer him real food and he still goes for those. So hoping that as he matures he'll get over it.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
What a fun enclosure! I love the cinder blocks. I gotta hunt for some like that. Mine eat the fake plants too. I can't use them. My tegus eat them too.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
I love the bridge and the underpass. :D He looks like he likes it too. Good job in making your tortoise happy. ;)

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Brilliant!

Thor looks totally captivated by all of his options.

Lucky torty.

Seiryu

10 Year Member!
SE Michigan
Thanks guys, he seems to really love it! Found him sleeping last night under the bridge. Too dark for pictures though.

Scooter- I sadly forgot to take photos until the end of building it, so I will do my best to explain it today or tomorrow. Trying to think of a way to best explain it with little confusion (since no pics).

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
LOVE the bridge! The cinder blocks are great too. His enclosure is fantastic! Come remodel Nelson's ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.