Updated Pictures - Irwin's "apartment"

TSchadel

Location (City and/or State)
Kansas
I thought I would upload some more pictures of Irwin's new apartment. The other's do not do it justice. It is a very nice set-up that my brother-in-law created for me. It is made with plexiglass. I have 3-4 inches of dirt. Irwin's hide-hut is made from plexiglass too. I ordered a cactus print and it came yesterday so I wanted to show how I used it to enhance Irwin's home :) The table is 51/2feet X 31/2feet. Irwin is almost 3lbs and is 8inches. He will be 2 years in July. I hope this will keep him through his 3rd birthday - but only time will tell....IMG_0114.JPG IMG_0105.JPG IMG_0105.JPG IMG_0105.JPG IMG_0107.JPG IMG_0110.JPG IMG_0111.JPG IMG_0103.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0106.JPG
    IMG_0106.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 29

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Wow looks great. A lot of lights/heating. I wouldn't think you would need that many being in a closed chamber like that.

TSchadel

Kansas
Wow looks great. A lot of lights/heating. I wouldn't think you would need that many being in a closed chamber like that.
Well - the one in the middle is a CHE heat only bulb. I also use another low light heat bulb at night. So actually 2 are for night and the other 3 for the day.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
You're right, that's a great habitat! Your brother-in-law did an excellent job on it. But I don't think it's going to last until the little, soon to be big, guy's 4th birthday. They grow so fast!

TSchadel

Kansas
You're right, that's a great habitat! Your brother-in-law did an excellent job on it. But I don't think it's going to last until the little, soon to be big, guy's 4th birthday. They grow so fast!
Yes - I expect my lil guy will get to be my big guy before too long. I did put my bro-in-law on notice that he will be needing to design a much bigger apartment in the very near future :)

TSchadel

Kansas
Thanks. I'm one lucky tort owner too because Irwin is such a special sully. He's got a GREAT personality!!!

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
That is one nice looking enclosure! ! ! ! WOW~~

TSchadel

Kansas
This is really nice !!! I need this inside !!![/QUOTE
Well you might just be in luck as I think this will be the last winter that Irwin can use it!! He's getting too big. If I can take it apart somehow (because it now has a metal frame around it... and some other new altercations) and ship it to you - it's YOURS when I no longer need it!

Prairie Mom

Yes - I expect my lil guy will get to be my big guy before too long. I did put my bro-in-law on notice that he will be needing to design a much bigger apartment in the very near future :)
No need to make Demo plans so soon:D ... I made my own closed chamber last a little longer by keeping it as her indoor "night box" once she was big enough to be outside all day. Then I'd just carry her into her old closed chamber for good warm humid night sleeping. -You can still get some longer use out of those nice builds until you set up permanent digs outside and they're too big to carry. :)