Updated pancake enclosures

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyan

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Georgia
Since the baby isn't such a baby anymore, she got some big girl rocks added to her enclosure.
IMAG3196-1-1.jpg

IMAG3199.jpg

I needed to add more hides to the big enclosure since there are now 4 living in there. I had also been trying to come up with ideas to add more plants that they couldn't destroy instantly. I couldn't find anything that would work so I made my own planter box. I may just have to make one for the other corner and a couple for the elongated's house too! :) I'm really pleased with how it turned out and it was made with scrap wood I already had. It just has screen for a bottom so the plants will have a chance to dry out between waterings.
IMAG3203-1-1-1.jpg

IMAG3178-1-1.jpg

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
It looks great. I love your eye for making torts enclosures, they always look great. I also do think that Sir Percy should definantely get a planter box:D

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
FANTASTIC!!! I love the planter box idea. I have been toying with that idea too. Very well done. I have never seen a better pancake enclosure.

cyan

10 Year Member!
Georgia
wellington said:
It looks great. I love your eye for making torts enclosures, they always look great. I also do think that Sir Percy should definantely get a planter box:D

Thanks! Of course, Sir Percy will get one too! He was too busy eating Mazuri, mushrooms and strawberries to even notice what I was doing banging around in the enclosure above his.

Tom said:
FANTASTIC!!! I love the planter box idea. I have been toying with that idea too. Very well done. I have never seen a better pancake enclosure.

Thank you! That really means a lot coming from you:) I'm breaking ground on the new outdoor enclosure now and can't wait to have it done. I have big plans for it and just bought over 300 pounds of rocks yesterday. It's 20 x15 and will be able to be divided into multiple smaller enclosures or left open as a huge pancake maze.

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
Great enclosure! Love the glower boxes on the walls!!!

african cake queen

5 Year Member
ct.usa
hi, i would love to be a cake living at your place. looks like a great place lo live, a pancake wonderland. your cake looks alot like my female(zoey). i wish i had more room where i live.i bring the cakes in the summer to my mothers. they love it outside.i wish i had a set up like you. someday.the egg is 120 days old.still see him in there. have you ever got an egg? this is my 7th egg. i hope this is the one. i will let you and the world know if and when it hatches. lindy

hi again, just cant get over just how much your cake looks like mine.amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.