Not open for further replies.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Please! No arguing. It is quite ok to express a difference of opinion, but keep it civil. I will delete offensive posts.

Irwin4530

5 Year Member
Anxious to see more pictures of the sea turtle enclosure :)

tortoises101

5 Year Member
Ontario, Canada
emysemys said:
Please excuse a little off topic note to Tony: Tony, you need to update your bio. You are sounding quite a bit more mature than the 14 years you've posted in your bio. You have done a whole lot of growing since you joined the forum 3 years ago!

LOL I'm on it. ;)

Radiated

5 Year Member
I just got a new aloe plant from Madagascar. Just arrived. ImageUploadedByTortoiseForum1364970302.505669.jpgImageUploadedByTortoiseForum1364970352.555868.jpg

ImageUploadedByTortoiseForum1364970429.705175.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Radiated

5 Year Member
I found a picture of aloe from madagascar. What is that substrate, ive seen pics of ploughshare on that. I have some in my enclosure too, but very few. Is it any good? Whats the name of it?

Thanks

Attachments

• a_albostriata.jpg
    a_albostriata.jpg
    428 KB · Views: 58

xiaobochu

10 Year Member!
SUNNY CALIFORNIA
Steve_McQueen said:
First, wrong. They're not currently extinct in the wild. Captive bred or not (skeptical without proof), you're still working with nine of one of the world's rarest tortoise. If you don't have the resources and ability to breed these very rare tortoises, then what are you doing with such a large colony? Think about what's best for the species as a whole.

Agreed! But the sad thing is you can purchase any kind of tortoises/turtles that you want in Asia countries, as long as you have the $$$. Read through all his threads, looks like he knows nothing about tortoises, but just have money. Feel so poor for those endangered Tortoises/Sea Turtles. Just saw another thread "Tortoise Shell Help", make me ........, Poor Tortoises!!!!

Anthony P

10 Year Member!
Swamps, bogs, and vernal pools
wellington said:
I think your Aldabra looks fine. However, each species should be kept separate.

Bingo! Why buy an animal that will surely demand a high price, when it being kept with a continental species with completely different requirements? They wouldn't get my money.

Radiated

5 Year Member
Of course they will have different enclosures! I always separate the species.

Status
Not open for further replies.