Update on thread "fish eggs"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kymiie

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Nottinghamshire, UK
Well today, our newest fish of 1 week-ish (the algi eating one) has died, maybe someone can help?? Our oldest fish (goldfish) of approximatly 1.5 years... His "spine" and back end scales are turning red?

We have had nothing but trouble when we upgraded our tank and got the new fish! Well its all my sisters doing!

Any ideas x

SailingMystic

5 Year Member
Chester County, PA
RE: Update on thread "fish eggs"

Kymiie said:
Well today, our newest fish of 1 week-ish (the algi eating one) has died, maybe someone can help?? Our oldest fish (goldfish) of approximatly 1.5 years... His "spine" and back end scales are turning red?

We have had nothing but trouble when we upgraded our tank and got the new fish! Well its all my sisters doing!

Any ideas x

Could be stress related or disease brought into the existing tank... Found this: http://www.fishdeals.com/fish_diseases/curved_spine/

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
We have kept tropical fish for many years.

We've had the attached chart for a s long as I can remember - it covers tropical, marine, cold water and pond fish and is a really handy diagnosis guide.
View attachment Fish Disease Diagnosis.PDF

From what you describe, it suggests you need to do water tests as the ammonia and nitrite levels may be too high.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kymiie

5 Year Member
Nottinghamshire, UK

Its hard to take a picture because its shaddowing so you cant see what i mean! So all i can do is discribe! Now the white goldfish has a bad tale! I really dont think they are going to make it! The white one is pretty much lifeless :( shes moving but hardly x

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
You really must do a water test to check the nitrate, nitrite, ammonia and pH levels. Take a sample of water to your nearest aquarium shop or go buy a kit and do it yourself.

If the water quality is poor, trying to treat the problems you have will be useless.

The staff at the aquarium shop will happily discuss the treatment of your problems once a water sample has been tested.

Kymiie

5 Year Member
Nottinghamshire, UK

We have done all tests and are fine:

White goldfish has tail rot
We have got some medicine and put it in tank!

Gold goldfish red scales are apparently bruising from where bullying algi fish

Pet shop has gave us some freebies to help out this situation, we have seperated the fish!

All can do now is hope x

Status
Not open for further replies.