Update on Rosie

RosieTortoise

Hey everyone! Hope you all had a great weekend.

I just wanted to update those of you that knew about Ms. Rosie, the tortoise I've been caring for at work. Here's the original thread: http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/potential-future-tortoise-parent.151077/

I have talked to my husband about Rosie and he doesn't want another animal. I'm really becoming concerned about her and I all but set up an enclosure for her. She is maintaining weight, but not really gaining and she still feels like a wiffle ball. :( She is, however, eating well and pooping plenty. She's also more active. I didn't realize that they had CFL on her instead of a tube, so I switched that out as well. I'm concerned about her shell rot which seems to have gotten worse in the last week. I'm going to buy some foot cream and switch from the silver sulfadiazine that we've been using. I also put her on actual substrate instead of paper towels because she didn't have enough humidity. (I'm praying everyone at work leaves the substrate alone. She looked interested in the substrate and I think she was as happy as a tortoise can be about it.)

Basically, I'm talking to my hubs about her again. I feel like she was meant to be mine. :(

I'll post some pics soon.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
My fingers are crossed hoping your husband relents.

RosieTortoise

Rosie is home! My husband says that she can only stay until she gets better. Is anyone interest in adopting? I have a feeling it will take a few months for her shell rot to heal to a point where I feel comfortable giving her a new home.

(I'm secretly hoping he will just change his mind. :))

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Rosie is home! My husband says that she can only stay until she gets better. Is anyone interest in adopting? I have a feeling it will take a few months for her shell rot to heal to a point where I feel comfortable giving her a new home.

(I'm secretly hoping he will just change his mind. :))
Great! Fingers crossed, hoping your husband changes his mind.

Wishes for Rosie to get well soon.

(Sorry, cannot afford another tort).

RosieTortoise

Great! Fingers crossed, hoping your husband changes his mind.

Wishes for Rosie to get well soon.

(Sorry, cannot afford another tort).
Thank you! She already looks happier. A little nervous because of the change in surroundings, but I think she's more comfortable having more temp gradients and more humidity.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Thank you! She already looks happier. A little nervous because of the change in surroundings, but I think she's more comfortable having more temp gradients and more humidity.
Well, with change this is expected. Torts do not like it.

Please keep us updated, and sincerely hope to hear good news.

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
If you let us know where you are located we may be able to send people your way who are a reasonable distance away to adopt her if the hubby sticks to his guns.

GingerLove

5 Year Member
Hoping your hubby will fall in love with her. :) I'm so glad she has a nice place to stay for now.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Hi how's Rosie doing today? :) Hope she's better.

Has your husband changed his mind? ;) Hope o hear he has. :D

RosieTortoise

If you let us know where you are located we may be able to send people your way who are a reasonable distance away to adopt her if the hubby sticks to his guns.
Awesome, thanks. REALLY hoping to keep her, but if not I want her to have a good home.