Update on Rex and thanks to Yvonne

Status
Not open for further replies.

turtlemom

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Berthoud, Colorado
Back in November, my daughter's friend called us late one night to say that their family dog had gotten into her room, knocked over her RES tank and chewed up Rex pretty bad. At the time, I recalled a recent post of Yvonne's about caring for an injured RES, so I logged on here and looked it up. I relayed as much info as I could to our friends. They sent me phone pictures and the next day, since I do not know how to post pictures here, I emailed Yvonne.

Well, this past weekend, I had the opportunity to see how Rex was doing! He's pretty much back to normal, although there is still quite a chunk missing from his side and some scute damage/crack on top of his shell. He's doing great :)

This is a huge thank you to Yvonne! I really appreciate all the advice and information that you sent along to me. Our friends followed Yvonne's advice and suggestions on medications and dry-docking Rex until his injuries healed over. Rex, and his people, thank you, too :D

Thank you, thank you, thank you!
A happy ending . . .

Donna

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Donna: I'm so glad that there is a happy ending to Rex's story. That's great news. We're hearing so often lately of little guys dying so its heart warming to hear a story with a good ending.

Thanks,

Yvonne

Status
Not open for further replies.