Update on our two new greeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

turtlemom

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Berthoud, Colorado
Finally getting around to an update and pictures of the two greeks we got from Danny last august.

This is what we saw when we took Pip out of his shipping box! Hey, let me out!

before1.jpg

Here is Pip (left) and Oliver doing their first bask in Colorado. Pip was 2" long and weighed 48.2g. Ollie was 2.5" and 73.7g

before3.jpg

Getting ready to do their favorite thing . . . EAT! Both of them doubled their weight by Dec. 08.

before2.jpg

Caught in the act . . .

before4.jpg

And here they are today. Pip weighs 152g and Oliver weighs 176g.

DSC_0035.jpg

DSC_0039.jpg

They are quite the little characters, always on the go and very curious and friendly. I am so glad they joined our family.

Donna

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Washington
Thanks so much for sharing! I love seeing how much they grew. My little guy also doubled in weight, in about 4 months. He was a little scrawny to start though and now looks great. What are their favorite foods?

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
They are both so beautiful. You've done a nice job and I can see that Danny sells very nice torts. I love to see the Greeks their shells are so unique. Thanks for the pictures always love to see them.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
turtlemom, Pip and Oliver look great. Greeks are a fav of mine and yours are sure cuties. They look strong and healthy good job.

turtlemom

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Berthoud, Colorado
Thanks everyone! We love them. Our older WC male greek has an orangey, brownish shell but Pip and Oliver (I think they will be 2 this summer?) have such a unique greenish/brownish coloring. They love their cuddle bones! We were so surprised the first time we put some in their box. It sounded like someone eating potato chips . . . OTOH our old greek just walks over the cuddle bones like they are invisible (he's in his own tort table). The youngsters eat spring mix, dandelions and mazuri, maybe once a week. This summer they will be outside in a new outside enclosure so it will be interesting to see if that slows them down :)

Donna

Status
Not open for further replies.