Update on my outdoor enclosure.. 12x72 ft pic heavy

IRTehDuckie

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Utica. MI
This is before picture.. last year i was working 2 jobs 18+ hours a day, so all my tort enclosure did was sit there sadly.. but this year its good enough to do things around the house and what not.. here is before pictures lol..

bad i know..

well except for the walkway.. i put that in last week or so. 0404151351a.jpg
0411151404a.jpg

and here is the updated pictures.. its almost finished.. im just waiting for plants to grow now..

0422151155.jpg

0422151155d.jpg

and this is a little plastic mat (that they actual leave alone lol) to help them get friction to climb up to get in.. plus it cleans their feet off so i dont have poop or dirt all in their house.. and thankfully they only poop outside.
0422151155b.jpg

and the gate closes by itself... because i did an "alright" job putting up the wooden fence, its tilted and makes a swing shut gate haha.. so i guess it all works out in the end, as it should.
0422151155c.jpg

since the torts ate EVERYTHIGN i planted last year.. this year im just planting collards everywhere.. they come back every year, and they are so durable its astonishing. Some succulents ill be planting as well =]

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Wow, Ariel! You've been busy. It looks very nice. Good job on the shed door/ramp, and I love how the "leaning" fence gives you an automatic gate shutter!

Cfr200

10 Year Member!
Springfield, Mo
I wish my collards would come back. I had a lot planted around the yard, but my Sulcata Fred made sure they were eaten everytime they starting growing. I even tried to block some of them off but, Fred always managed to get to them.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Great job. I love the chair and desk out there too. You did a great job on the fence, you meant for the gate to auto shut, right? That's what the professional builders would say, it was meant to be that way. Hey, it works right, that's all that counts.
One thing wrong, I dont see any pics of the torts enjoying their home:(

IRTehDuckie

5 Year Member
Utica. MI
I wish my collards would come back. I had a lot planted around the yard, but my Sulcata Fred made sure they were eaten everytime they starting growing. I even tried to block some of them off but, Fred always managed to get to them.

well I bet Fred is a very happy tort though lol I had collards that were even growing in the winter lol the stem was about 3 inched in diameter.

Great job. I love the chair and desk out there too. You did a great job on the fence, you meant for the gate to auto shut, right? That's what the professional builders would say, it was meant to be that way. Hey, it works right, that's all that counts.
One thing wrong, I dont see any pics of the torts enjoying their home:(

Wellington, I will have to post those too! i recently posted a picture of Gandalf, probably my oldest tort, enjoying the sun.. but its actually snowing right now.. so ill have to wait for warm weather again to put them outside lol

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Sure looks nice! ! ! !

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Nicely done!! I also love the chair, you can have wine or coffee while hanging out in the tort yard because that's what we do:)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
well I bet Fred is a very happy tort though lol I had collards that were even growing in the winter lol the stem was about 3 inched in diameter.

Wellington, I will have to post those too! i recently posted a picture of Gandalf, probably my oldest tort, enjoying the sun.. but its actually snowing right now.. so ill have to wait for warm weather again to put them outside lol

How bout that snow. I'm originally from Michigan, so family still there and they got the crappy snow too. Now I'm in chicago, and we got it yesterday and very cold after the nice warm spell. My torts are thinking its time too slow down for another winter already lol

Dammit Dahlgren

Gotta love Michigan, where you can get sunburned and frost bite in the same week! Great job on your enclosure!

IRTehDuckie

5 Year Member
Utica. MI
How bout that snow. I'm originally from Michigan, so family still there and they got the crappy snow too. Now I'm in chicago, and we got it yesterday and very cold after the nice warm spell. My torts are thinking its time too slow down for another winter already lol

lol wellington I dont think chicago is any better! haha and yeah mine are too.. 3 days outside and they think its time to go back down haha

Gotta love Michigan, where you can get sunburned and frost bite in the same week! Great job on your enclosure!

and yes I love michigan! ive lived lots of othter places, north carolina, kentucky, floridia, california.. and i think id always come back to michigan.