Update on my little Leopard tort!

Tessa127

Location (City and/or State)
Southern CA
Hey all, first and foremost, thank you ALL for your time and comments about my situation. It all help a great deal. In the last thread I updated what my routine was, which is still mostly the same, but the tort has changed a great deal!

It's eating on her own! Kale mostly, but I think that is ALL it was fed it's whole life. I always put other types of greens in there, so maybe one day it will get used to something else. And it's eating several times per day!! I love it!!

Drinking like crazy!. Even though the soaks are good for hydration, nothing like seeing it drink all on it's own.

Harder stool! It was first just runny, but getting harder!

It's slowly taking the time to walk it's enclosure, bask in the light, then find shelter when it needs too. Like a NORMAL tortoise! I don't think it ever had that.

A very thorough vet check (2 more times now) has ruled out any fecal issues, no worms, no intestinal issues or bacterial. Sounds like major lack of nutrients, vitamins and minerals, a lower resp infection, developing into pneumonia, developing into sepsis... Final diagnosis thus far.

I know it has a long road ahead of all the right things to make sure this little tort keeps having a chance, but thanks to all you fine people and a great vet, I think it has it. It's a little fighter. I'm blessed to have this little creature in my life. Thanks again, and I'll be posting pics VERY soon!!!

Tessa127

Location (City and/or State)
Southern CA
get some dandelion , clover
I’ve been mixing in dandelion, endive, chard, wheat grass, yellow and green squash, and even strawberries!!!! Nada... She nibbles at the strawberries a bit, but back to the kale. I’ll try clover, thank you! And I’ll keep adding other things to her kale. Maybe she’ll get a taste for it some day!!!!