Update on Luie and some new things

Killerrookie

It's been awhile since you guys gave me some very important advice on how to take care of a sulcata. So I got Luie about a month ago and he is doing great he is now 4 months old and healthy. Recently bought a humidity fogger and he loves it. I went to repticon a couple of weeks ago and bought me a Leopard tortoise and it's name is Speckals. It's 10 months old and currently stays with Luie. Don't worry I Been keeping a huge eye on them to make sure there is no fighting but they get along pretty well. Now I just got something I been dying to get and it is a Red Foot Tortoise just got him yesterday from turtlesource and I love him so much. He is in a separate tank then the others. I been feeding them all grass and weeds and sometimes pellets. I feed Luie and Speckals once a month a fruit and give Strawberry fruits about 1 a week. I use the humidity machine 3 times a day for 30 mins tops. Do that's mostly it. Once I leave the doctors in a bit ill post pictures of them three for you guys to see. Thanks for all the help guys it really helps soooo much!!!!ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1410380181.229257.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1410380197.728885.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1410380233.830429.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1410380247.414745.jpg

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Congrats, but the leopard should have not been put with the sulcata right away, quarantine is what should been done. Also, the leopard and sully will have to be separated eventually, they can not live together forever. The fruit is bad, too much sugar, specially once a week. If you need to feed a treat like that, which they don't need ever, do it more like once a month and just one, not more. The RF is more prone to shell rot with the high humidity, so be sure the top layer of its substrate stays dry.

Killerrookie

I'm building another tank for Speckals . I'm not keeping them with each other for long about in a couple of weeks and I will have it done. And I'll lower the amount of fruit given to strawberry thanks for the advice.