Help!! I think coco is sick! ???

Crystallynda

Location (City and/or State)
Las Vegas
My poor coco.. lol

i took him outside with me to check the Mail..and put him down to walk around in the nice sun for some UVB and I think the poor guy freaked himself out lol he came running to hide under my shoe! Poor little guy…would of taken Pictures but all I wanted was to get him back to his enclosure as soon as possible!! ??

now he’s in his hide..probably won’t see him for the rest of the day! ??
oh well I’ll let him be!!

harrythetortoise

Virginia
My poor coco.. lol

i took him outside with me to check the Mail..and put him down to walk around in the nice sun for some UVB and I think the poor guy freaked himself out lol he came running to hide under my shoe! Poor little guy…would of taken Pictures but all I wanted was to get him back to his enclosure as soon as possible!! ??

now he’s in his hide..probably won’t see him for the rest of the day! ??
oh well I’ll let him be!!
Awww poor coco...
They get frightened of new environments so easily. In the wild they are usually prey animals..
He should be fine by tomorrow! :)

Jannra

Canadian Prairie
I need to create a gallery of coco ???

I was reading on how tortoises don’t necessarily have feelings but they know if their owners love him! He’ll react differently like walking towards you when you get home or want to get petted on their heads or shell!

Does this really happen with you guys torts? Cause I have noticed coco wanting his antibiotics a couple times at one point haha!! He has also walked on my hand on his own like “hold me please?” ??

Coco also loves it when I feed him from my hand from time to time! He is a fisty eater lol ??
Michealangelo (my hermann's) walks towards me if someone else comes near him/her (too young to know yet)

Crystallynda

Las Vegas
Hey guys, what is recommended to feed a tortoise who seems to be bored of their food??
I gave him some squash and a little of yellow pepper..with dendilion greens ? and endure or whatever it’s called!
can he just be stressed?

Jannra

Canadian Prairie
Hey guys, what is recommended to feed a tortoise who seems to be bored of their food??
I gave him some squash and a little of yellow pepper..with dendilion greens ? and endure or whatever it’s called!
can he just be stressed?
At my local pet store there's a calcium dust that flavoured and scented like strawberries, if I put a bit of that on it mine will eat anything.

Crystallynda

Las Vegas
What? No way?? That’s interesting!
I must check that out! He has been eating the cuttle bone more than usual lately so…

I only give him sweet stuff every now And again!!

Jannra

Canadian Prairie
I must check that out! He has been eating the cuttle bone more than usual lately so…

The calcium dust isn't particularly sweet stuff it's just flavoured with a little bit of strawberries and bananas so that they'll want it. It is still almost entirely just a calcium powder. When I first got him as a hatchling last year wouldn't touch anything if I use any supplemental calcium and wouldn't eat the Cuttlefish bones so I use this for a little while until I could get him/her to eat regular calcium. I just gradually reduced how much I put on the things I wanted him/her to eat.

Attachments

• 16207815268426465357465958654691.jpg
    16207815268426465357465958654691.jpg
    829.4 KB · Views: 7
  • 16207816890557223212657162189050.jpg
    16207816890557223212657162189050.jpg
    901.5 KB · Views: 7

Crystallynda

Las Vegas
The calcium dust isn't particularly sweet stuff it's just flavoured with a little bit of strawberries and bananas so that they'll want it. It is still almost entirely just a calcium powder. When I first got him as a hatchling last year wouldn't touch anything if I use any supplemental calcium and wouldn't eat the Cuttlefish bones so I use this for a little while until I could get him/her to eat regular calcium. I just gradually reduced how much I put on the things I wanted him/her to eat.
Awe! Ok! That’s the same brand I have but the D3 version!
I mean mine likes calcium but getting him to eat what he has now been interesting and money is a little tight..but I still try to get him his favorites…but today he probably nibbled mostly so..he’s been pooping normally “except today” since he got a little scared! But other than that it’s been good!

Jannra

Canadian Prairie
Awe! Ok! That’s the same brand I have but the D3 version!
I mean mine likes calcium but getting him to eat what he has now been interesting and money is a little tight..but I still try to get him his favorites…but today he probably nibbled mostly so..he’s been pooping normally “except today” since he got a little scared! But other than that it’s been good!
I find that the strawberry banana is useful when mine doesn't want to try something.

Crystallynda

Las Vegas
I find that the strawberry banana is useful when mine doesn't want to try something.
Interesting ok! That can be it then! No idea you could feed tortoises bananas haha
I can’t eat them cause it’s two strong for my sensitive stomach!

Jannra

Canadian Prairie
Ok..what other fruits is a no no?
It really depends on the type of tortoise some of them can have some fruit other should really not have any fruit. Mine is a hermann's tortoise so should mostly eat weeds. I have also had Western painted turtles they were fine to feed plenty of fruit sometimes. Which type is yours?

Crystallynda

Las Vegas
I have a desert tortoise! I noticed he’s not much of a fan of certain fruits but he like watermelon and blueberries !
I wanna give him the cactus fruit since that’s what that eat in the wild!
Strawberries he eats every now and again and I also give him just a little bit if apple! He likes that a little more than the other sweet fruits!
I am trying to do variety! He also munches on dry foods as well!