Unhealthy Looking Sulcata in CA

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuckysGirl007

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Surprise, AZ
Well, she has decided she is not comfortable with Dude leaving the state. She wants him to remain local..somewhere she can check on him and someone that can take his current enclosure with him. She is also afraid of the temp change in Phoenix being too much for him. :(

Sorry guys but I have been turned down. If anyone local to her can offer to take the whole deal and also allow her to come see your place...or want to just try to email her please try.

I'm sad as I have been working on this for several days but there is nothing more I can do for this Dude.

Spn785

5 Year Member
Mid-Missouri
Well, I hope someone can help Dude out! Sorry Kim, I know you put a lot of effort into this.

LuckysGirl007

5 Year Member
Surprise, AZ
Spn785 said:
Well, I hope someone can help Dude out! Sorry Kim, I know you put a lot of effort into this.

It was so easy when you did it for Charlie and Lucy! I thought I would have the same luck.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Is there anyone in the area that can make the offer? I'm sure you'll get at least the $100 that TRN was willing to pay out...and I'll pay the other $75. Then, once Dude is in your possession, you can transfer him to Jacqui. Once the purchase is done, no one is obligated to comply with her wishes. That's what I'd do! Com'on people, surely someone can do this. It won't cost u a Thing other than putting up with this person for a day.

Spn785

5 Year Member
Mid-Missouri
sibi said:
Is there anyone in the area that can make the offer? I'm sure you'll get at least the $100 that TRN was willing to pay out...and I'll pay the other $75. Then, once Dude is in your possession, you can transfer him to Jacqui. Once the purchase is done, no one is obligated to comply with her wishes. That's what I'd do! Com'on people, surely someone can do this. It won't cost u a Thing other than putting up with this person for a day.

Agreed! If needed I am more than willing to pitch in some money too. :) Shelby can you do this? There has to be someone who can do this ASAP. Erika, you said you were going to contact her as a rescue, did you? Did she respond? I would email her, but I think we will have the same problem Kim did.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Guys, I put a request on a new thread to get someone local to arrange the purchase. If we can get someone in the SF Bay area, and once the person gets the tort, the transfer can be made. Once she receives the money, no one is under obligation to comply with her wish to check up on him.
Spn785 said:
sibi said:

Agreed! If needed I am more than willing to pitch in some money too. :) Shelby can you do this? There has to be someone who can do this ASAP. Erika, you said you were going to contact her as a rescue, did you? Did she respond? I would email her, but I think we will have the same problem Kim did.

SBeanie

5 Year Member
California
I'm sorry to say that I can't house dude.. I don't have the space or the room to even put up a enclosure for him for her to come see. I feel that since I live so close she will happily drive over and see that I don't have anyplace to put him.. I'm trying to do everything I can for dude but unfortonitaly I don't have the space... I'm sorry to everyone for this turning out how it did.. Hopefully someone can give this dude the life he deserves..
I also feel like she's going to want to see pictures and come by and take a look at where he will be staying before she will even consider to take the money/give dude over.. I know she's going to make me go through the same hoops she makes everyone go through.. But since I live so close she will want to personally see everything first..

LuckysGirl007

5 Year Member
Surprise, AZ
SBeanie said:
I'm sorry to say that I can't house dude.. I don't have the space or the room to even put up a enclosure for him for her to come see. I feel that since I live so close she will happily drive over and see that I don't have anyplace to put him.. I'm trying to do everything I can for dude but unfortonitaly I don't have the space... I'm sorry to everyone for this turning out how it did.. Hopefully someone can give this dude the life he deserves..
I also feel like she's going to want to see pictures and come by and take a look at where he will be staying before she will even consider to take the money/give dude over.. I know she's going to make me go through the same hoops she makes everyone go through.. But since I live so close she will want to personally see everything first..

Do you have friend or family member close by with some space she can bring Dude to????

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
LuckysGirl007 said:
You see, that's all we need...someone who has a backyard who can just say to this owner, "this is where he'll be when the weather gets warm." It won't cost them anything, and they will be doing something good. To save the life of this tort, this lady doesn't deserve to demand that the buyer give him what she herself didn't give him. Besides, Dude will definitely have a better life with Jacqui.

LuckysGirl007

5 Year Member
Surprise, AZ
He hasn't gotten a better home yet. Owner said his shell got that way because she didn't know to give calcium supplements. But it's a lot more than that I think. Like several years with no UVB and being kept too dry...my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.