Undersized Sulcata LA area, CA

Floof

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Is it just me, but does his beak already look overgrown? Posting this in hopes someone can get this little guy...

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/for/4867483841.html
"Hello, I am selling my baby Sulcata tortoise with his habitat. His habitat includes his tank, his good dish, his water dish, and two extra things of his bedding. He is about 2 years old. He is very easy to take care of. His diet consist of alfalfa grass (can find at any pet store) strawberries, carrots, Apples and cucumbers. I feed him every other day. He mains sleeps and crawls around. He is very friendly, but shy to strangers.
I would love to find him a new home. Please feel free to text me at"

00d0d_kRRyK09xyn1_600x450.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Yes, quite overgrown, plus he terribly skinny. See his upper arms? And real small for a two year old. No wonder on the 'water' diet they're feeding it "every other day."

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Omg, so skinny. Email them and kindly let them know he is way too skinny and to please feed him every day and give them a few items to feed him and that what they are feeding him is doing nothing for him. Poor thing.

Floof

10 Year Member!
Southern California
I feel so bad for this little baby. I wish I had space to take him in, but my family would murder me. :( I'm trying to think of a way to politely advise the person before I try--don't want to upset them into doing something rash.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I begged and didn't blame them and gave them just a few quick easy things to feed told them what not to feed and to do it every day. I also referred them to TFO and to look at pictures of others. I have not heard anything back, that might be a good sign. If I offended them, I would have heard nasty things back right away, usually.

Floof

10 Year Member!
Southern California
I sent an email, worded as kindly as possible. Sent pics of my now-healthy rescues so s/he could see what a 'healthy' sulcata about the same size as his should look like. Told him not to hesitate to email me with any questions he may have about sulcatas while little one is still in his care. It's something, and hopefully, between both of our messages, it will make some difference.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
You guys are awesome. Good effort. I hope you are successful.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Any word? I can't stop thinking about this little guy! It just breaks my heart! If you click on the link he looked so much better in the other photo.
Poster took the ad down:(