Unbelieveable Egg !!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TKCARDANDCOIN

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ohio
I will try and take a picture tonight and post it tommorow morning.My old girl laid a egg last night that is almost 2 3/4 inches long and just shy of an inch wide!Has anyone ever seen an egg that big(long).It is almost funny, like two eggs fused together in the developtment process.

I fed the "herd" yesterday around 3 p.m. and I left for a few hours and when I came home around 8 p.m. there was the egg!It is now resting in a nice warm incubator:D

jackrat

5 Year Member
Hamburg,AR
Whoa! That's huge.I would love to see that picture.Is she alright?

TKCARDANDCOIN

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Ohio
She is doing great!She was bleeding a bit yesterday after she dropped the egg but other than that she seems fine.She ate like a champ last night and today.I have not noticed any bleeding since last night and I moved her to another enclosure so she could rest by herself and so I could keep an eye on her.

steve426

5 Year Member
Congrats on the egg! i hope it contains a wonderful surprise. Keep us posted on the well being of both the egg and the mother.

NEtorts

10 Year Member!
North East
maybe it will have conjoined twins in it? two headed tortoise?

Shelly

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Southern California
Occasionally one of my chickens would lay a freakishly large egg. It was often a double, but sometimes it was a "zero" (no yolk).

Status
Not open for further replies.