Typical day/activity level of an Aldabra juvenile.

TortyDxb

Location (City and/or State)
uae
I thought it might be worth noting what we see an Aldabra choose to do in a day.

It may help those who are raising them in artificial environments to understand what they choose when given the great outdoors.

TortyDxb

Location (City and/or State)
uae
The two I have do have unlimited space (relative to their size) to roam during the day, but they are not THAT active and don't take full advantage of it.

After a 50 minute morning soak (can happen at 7am to 10 am), they seek food for around an hour and munch for around 20-30 minutes before wandering off.

They sort of go off exploring but its not dramatic in pace or distance. A few paces, a sniff of the ground and then on. This probably goes on for two hours.

I'd say they bask in direct sunlight for about an hour to two per day, not more. They LOVE it. Legs come out and the head tucks in under an arm. There's lots of shade so it is their choice.

By around 2pm they are lying down somewhere shady and then by 4 they are in their outdoor hides.

Sometimes I soak them early afternoon and when put back they will feed again.

I pick them up between 6-10 pm, soak em for another 50 minutes and put them in an indoor closed chamber thingy til the following day.

I don't think they are that active from my observations. Curious and a little bit mischievous if they hit a boundary.