Type and health of Boxies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nay

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Belchertown Ma
Helped someone with beaks and nails today, and after much talk found out enviorment sucks for the last 12 years, (tank, little outside and little water) Actually offered me the pair, one has laid eggs.
They felt light to touch, and looked puffey around legs. Nails were almost in circles , ugh... but nice people and after calmly offering some Mazuri and some other suggestions I said I would post here to see if a better home could be found. They are hubbys pets and he now has lost interest..
Thoughts.. Thanks

2h51w1u.jpg

2di2d12.jpg

f7829.jpg

a334wl.jpg

2sb6azk.jpg

yagyujubei

5 Year Member
Amish Country
They look a little puffy. They look alert, and are beauties (Three toed).Beaks are a little grown. I think with just some better care they'll be great.

gieseygirly

5 Year Member
Ohio
Oh my gosh, those poor things. They are outgrowing their shells. How does that happen? Overfeeding??? Not enough exercise??? They are still very pretty though.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
The little stubby tail is one of the first signs of MBD. Hopefully you will be able to find them a good home.

Nay

10 Year Member!
Belchertown Ma
Oh both have that tiny little stub tail. We were trying to see if their tails were any different sex wise, as they assumed since there was eggs they had to have a male and female. Tiny fat almost inverted tails. Yup. and I thought so puffy too.. takers??? I am in Mass, and could probably help shipping them somewhere??? They jusy want to be assured of a good home, ugh. like they had one? (Oh sorry sarcastic me...)

edwardbo

5 Year Member
Nay said:
Oh both have that tiny little stub tail. We were trying to see if their tails were any different sex wise, as they assumed since there was eggs they had to have a male and female. Tiny fat almost inverted tails. Yup. and I thought so puffy too.. takers??? I am in Mass, and could probably help shipping them somewhere??? They jusy want to be assured of a good home, ugh. like they had one? (Oh sorry sarcastic me...)

I would love a chance to have them live in turtle paradise,we have beautyful gardens ,morning sun ,lush rare hostas, (google; sum and substance,empris wu,quacamoli ) heathy encosures. have had much experiance with animals. plenty of fresh foods and forage.can met you to pick them up . pay for your time and gas.

Janine2566

5 Year Member
Southern CA
would take these guys and put them in their own little paradise such a shame they are gorgeous but I am in CA I would pay for overnight shipping

Status
Not open for further replies.