Two topics

Status
Not open for further replies.

reptylefreek

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Seatac, Washington
Ok so I posted a little bit ago that I thought my "new" old leo was constipated. I think a couple people thought instead of constipated she was just cleaned out. But I've had her for about 3 weeks maybe almost 4 and she still hasn't pooped! Only twice when I took her in the truck. She eats everyday, maybe not as much as I would like her too but she eats. And I soak her as many as 3 or four times a week. She pees every couple days but no poop. Can she still be cleaned out?

And when I first posted pix I couldn't get a good one of her "holey" scute but I finally got my camera charged. It was like this when I got her and I rub against it sometimes when I pic her up. I freak out cuz I dont know if it hurts her or if there is a way to fix it. It is NOT getting worse though. And no pieces have broken off since I got her. Should I leave it or should I do anything about it?
CIMG1493.JPG
CIMG1496.JPG
CIMG1497.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
My first impression was to tell you to just leave it alone. But I've never seen this before. Does it smell? Do you think its all dry inside the hole?

Yvonne

I neglected to talk about the pooping problem in my previous answer. Leopard tortoises sometimes don't poop every day. When they DO go, they poop out several cigar-shaped logs all in one pile. Also, I've noticed that if I feed my leopards something with seeds like pumpkin or cantaloupe, I don't see the seeds in the poop for over a week. Their systems are very slow. If you aren't noticing that the tortoise is straining, but seems healthy and happy, I wouldn't worry about not seeing any poop. Any chance she might be eating it before you see it?

Yvonne

reptylefreek

5 Year Member
Seatac, Washington
After I posted I went and talked to the old owner and asked her about it. She said it was there when she got her. Bumper loves to try to fit under things she cant fit under so she thinks it was that. It isn't wet and it doesn't smell. It is almost flakey, but doesn't flake. After she said it's been there for the last 5 years I think I'll just keep an eye on it.

And I know she is capable of pooping cuz she did when I took her in the truck today. It wasn't very much though. But it was much healthier looking, firmer and didn't smell as bad. Plus it didn't have any undigested fruit in it. How large is there digestive track?

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
At some point in time (more than 5 years ago) she rub scute material of the bone. The bone died and now is coming off. It is most definately healed and would be no problem to "pry off" the dead bone if you wanted. :)

Danny

Status
Not open for further replies.