Two story enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macheteslaststep

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
NJ
Does anyone have a two story tortoise enclosure? I'm trying to find info and pics on them to see if they really work. I have two leopard torts (2 inch and 4 1/2 inches). Currently they're in a 75 gallon tank, but I wanted to give them something more. Has anyone tried it?

Macheteslaststep

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
NJ
Crazy1 said:
There are a few pics in the enclosure sections here of two story enclosrues Tegan posted one http://tortoiseforum.org/tort-turt-tables-t-39-2.html and dinkanber posted another http://tortoiseforum.org/help-new-owners-are-worried-t-651.html can't remember who else.

Thank you so much. Now i just have to figure out where to put the thing lol. They just seem so "blah" in their home. I know a table is better for them than a tank anyway, but they seem very active and curious-that's why I want to plan a two story.

Sara

TortGirl

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
While researching tort tables, I came upon this two story table. :)

Attachments

• 2427210974_c6deac5e40_b.jpg
    2427210974_c6deac5e40_b.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 195

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
One way to think about this is a really big hiding place they can walk on top of!

evin

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
manteca, Ca
any one have a two story table for different species like shelves where they are completely seperate, and if you do can you post pics or instructions

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Elvin check out the enclosure section I know someone put a 4 story together for different species early in the year. I am in the process of doing one myself will post when I am finished.

evin

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
manteca, Ca
i cant seem to find any when i search

Jentortmom

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Crazy1 said:
Ok evin, here is the link. http://tortoiseforum.org/new-indoor-enclosure-t-1392.html
Macheteslaststep this may give you some ideas too.

I just love that enclosure :) It works great, I have sully yearlings, boxie 2 yr olds, and DT yearlings in them. It works great and looks just like furniture. The only bummer I have is I wish I would have made a 4 story instead of 3 story. I am out of room and if my egg hatches, I will need another story. Oh well guess hubby will have to build another one, to many babies.

Also you can look in the April, 2008 reptiles magazine and they have a article with pictures and directions, for some really neat tables, thats where I saw Ed's and got my hubby to build me one.

Just make sure if you build your tort's a two story enclosure you put rails on the ramps, so they don't fall off.

Macheteslaststep

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
NJ
I'm drawing up the plans for my two story, I'm going to make both sections 4x4. Not sure on the height yet. I just need to figure out the angle of the ramp. I saw a finished product of one somewhere with the railing done and everything, but I can't find it anywhere now :( Oh well, I'll let you know when I start :p

Sara

evin

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
manteca, Ca
that is a very nice table thank you for the link

Status
Not open for further replies.