Oman
Hello,
Today I collected some plants for My Greeks,
And I'm bit not sure if this is wild dandelion or not
B3945225-191B-4C08-A9E7-32B06EF6275A.jpeg

01D70A74-59CC-4E8E-B367-9397FA7FA250.jpeg

The flowers are yellow and small
---
The second question: is This considered as a good meal?
60FE87A1-45C3-44FF-B235-9AFA8F98BD7A.jpeg

This is (Roselle, day flower, dandelion and Mellon flowers). I don't give them the same meal everybody. I'm trying to collect varied food for them(to add it to the food I buy from the market and the food in the garden I made for them) and sometimes I plant the leftover roots in their garden to get a new plant.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Those are not dandelions, but they are in the dandelion family and safe to feed.

The roselle is great tortoises food. Mellon blooms are good. I don't know bout "day flower". Is that grass in the upper left? No need for grass in a Testudo diet, but it won't hurt anything. I only feed grass to any of the Testudo when I'm trying to add fiber to a diet of grocery store greens.

Potato_king

Oman
Those are not dandelions, but they are in the dandelion family and safe to feed.

The roselle is great tortoises food. Mellon blooms are good. I don't know bout "day flower". Is that grass in the upper left? No need for grass in a Testudo diet, but it won't hurt anything. I only feed grass to any of the Testudo when I'm trying to add fiber to a diet of grocery store greens.
Thank you very much for the feedback,
Its not grass, that is day flower leaves. The grass is all over the garden but they Hate it and won't even look at it

ZenHerper

New Jersey
Asiatic dayflower?

Safe to eat - full of antioxidants. The leaves develop more oxalate as the plants mature, so make sure your torts are well-hydrated. If they get too old and bitter, your torts may pick around them. Incredibly invasive.

(Gist of this article is that GMO tech culture creates more monsters than it manages.)

Potato_king

Oman
Asiatic dayflower?

Safe to eat - full of antioxidants. The leaves develop more oxalate as the plants mature, so make sure your torts are well-hydrated. If they get too old and bitter, your torts may pick around them. Incredibly invasive.

(Gist of this article is that GMO tech culture creates more monsters than it manages.)
Thank you for the extra information!
Yes the plant is from Asiatic dayflower family, bit different from the one in the link but I did a lot of research and I found that it's safe.
I will try not to feed them too much from now on.

ZenHerper

New Jersey
Thank you for the extra information!
Yes the plant is from Asiatic dayflower family, bit different from the one in the link but I did a lot of research and I found that it's safe.
I will try not to feed them too much from now on.
Healthy torts will manage it just fine...choose plants that are young and tender.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I'm not sure if "Asiatic day flower" is the same as "Asiatic day lily" but when I was looking at day lilies for food I was told the Asiatic day lilies are toxic.

Potato_king

Oman
I'm not sure if "Asiatic day flower" is the same as "Asiatic day lily" but when I was looking at day lilies for food I was told the Asiatic day lilies are toxic.
Thank you for the feedback!
They're not the same, the day flowers I have are completely different from Asiatic day Lily flowers.