Two month old Sulcata has a small cut by ear

Madkathq

Location (City and/or State)
Lake Elsinore
Hey there, one of my two baby sulcatas has a tiny cut by his ear. Their bedding is mostly Coco coir and some Cypress mulch. I have never seen them fight, at most they crawl over each other. The moment I can afford it, I plan to separate them. They have had this bedding for under a week and I noticed that they get especially dirty in the Coco coir, and that it gets between their skin folds. Tom said that he didn't like it for being messy, but I thought I could use the rest of what I had purchased. I think this caused the slight cut, and I'd like to order new substrate by tonight. How do I treat the cut? What is the best substrate? Please help me out, I'm so worried about them

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
They need to be separated asap.crawling on each other is a form of bullying. Do you have a pic of the cut? Best substrate would be orchid bark or cypress mulch.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
I wouldn't overly worry if it is just a slight scratch. A nice soak, patted dry. Maybe a squeeze of neosporin if you have some. It’s very possible one crawled over the other and in the process scratched with a claw.

good luck

Madkathq

Lake Elsinore
They need to be separated asap.crawling on each other is a form of bullying. Do you have a pic of the cut? Best substrate would be orchid bark or cypress mulch.
I've been trying to take pictures daily but I can only get it in a video, can I post vids here?