Location (City and/or State)
SW Forida
2r5zqjp.jpg

2nq5cu1.jpg

chase thorn

10 Year Member!
Colorado Springs, CO
Is the encyclopedia of turtles actually tortoises? I have been looking for a good educational book on all kinds of species! If anyone can help me out that'd be great! :)

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
Pritchard's Encyclopedia is a bit dated, but nonetheless an excellent resource. He translated a Frecnh book- "Turtles of the World" by Dupree, Devaux, and Bonin, (translated by Dr, Pritchard). 2006. I don't like it quite as much overall, but at least it is a slightly better made book.

A nice 'overview' of turtles is "Turtles: An Extraordinary Natural History 245 Million Years in the Making" by Carl Franklin, 2007. $35.00. It touches on a lot of good background stuff- anatomy, zoogeography, evolution, life cycle, etc. with a great combination of art, photos, maps, etc. It also has a small section on most genera of turtles and tortoises.

On the other hand, I really WANT a copy of Amanda Ebenhack's book! Who has me for Secret Santa this year?

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Greg ...yup both GREAT books .... I actually got my Radi' from Dr. Pritchard few years back .......another GREAT book is this one ~
P1010001-1.jpg

and special one to me , as the author signed it for me ! :D
P10100022.jpg

JD~:)

Status
Not open for further replies.