Two adult female redfoots (north-central Florida)... must go together

FLGirl41

5 Year Member
Hi everyone,

I am moving to a northern climate in a few months, and am looking to adopt my two adult female redfoots into a new home so they can stay in tropical Florida. They are approximately 15 years old, and I have had them for the last 4 years. Both girls are very sweet, readily approach me for food, and live outdoors the majority of the year.

This is important to note: I recommend that these girls are not housed in a home or habitat with other tortoises. Two years ago, one of them had an upper respiratory infection that was determined to be a parasitic infection known as Testudine Intranuclear Coccidiosis (TINC). Both girls were treated with ponazuril for 2 months and are now healthy, but are not guaranteed free of TINC. The one that was originally sick has some whistling in her breathing, but otherwise acts fine and is a pretty voracious eater.

I am not asking for any fees, and am happy to provide bowls, supplies, CHE, indoor enclosure, etc. These two will make wonderful pets for someone looking for two medium sized, personable redfoots. I am in Gainesville FL and cannot ship, but I can drive to meet you if gas is reimbursed. Thanks so much for looking.

shellysmom

10 Year Member!
Ohhhhh, they are soooo sweet. I have other tortoises, but spread out over 10 acres in various tortie yards and gardens. I have a large outdoor enclosure that is isolated from the other areas. They could live happily there. Would just have to possibly do shoe and hand disinfect upon leaving, but no biggie. I'm in sarasota. Would be happy to pay your gas and meet in Tampa. ??? Let me know what you think.