TVs The Curse Of Oak Island...

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I lost interest. It seemed to me it was going to be like the series of people trying to find bigfoot. Maybe I should start watching again.
It IS THE SAME.
In the sense that if the treasure...Or Bigfoot were found, the news would come out right away on every news outlet.
Knowing that already tells you that nothing earth shattering is going to happen on any episode.
I just find the show getting interesting now because of the intricate and high tech designs of what they're unearthing.
Something of value certainly was there at one time.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
It IS THE SAME.
In the sense that if the treasure...Or Bigfoot were found, the news would come out right away on every news outlet.
Knowing that already tells you that nothing earth shattering is going to happen on any episode.
I just find the show getting interesting now because of the intricate and high tech designs of what they're unearthing.
Something of value certainly was there at one time.
I agree if they are finding interesting objects. Maybe I should start watching again.

MichiganMan

Michigan
I think Jimmy Hoffa ended up in the foundation of the Pontiac Silverdome. I lived in the area at the time and they were pouring some foundation at the time. The Silverdome is torn down now.

Yeah I had a close family friend that was associated with "organized crime" back then, out of Bay City Mi. (Hes dead now). But when I asked him about Hoffa being put into the Silverdomes Foundation he basically said it to be true... without really saying it. If you know what I mean. ?

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Yeah I had a close family friend that was associated with "organized crime" back then, out of Bay City Mi. (Hes dead now). But when I asked him about Hoffa being put into the Silverdomes Foundation he basically said it to be true... without really saying it. If you know what I mean. ?
Did he say that with a bunch of hand gestures?

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
I was in high school when that happened. Some areas right around where I lived. Law enforcement searched the area. One day a buddy and I decided to search a certain area. The local news showed up and interviewed us. We thought it was cool until later that night my dad was watching the news. We didn't think about that and we had skipped school that day.:rolleyes:

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
My grandfather on my mothers side had to change his name when he immigrated here from Italy.
There was a local gangster with the name Nicholas DiJeronimo. And shady people were always looking for him.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
My grandfather on my mothers side had to change his name when he immigrated here from Italy.
There was a local gangster with the name Nicholas DiJeronimo. And shady people were always looking for him.
I think that was a option he couldn't refuse. :)

Jan A

Boulder, CO
It works on stupid me.
Because I keep watching....
My hubby & his brother are fanatics on this kind of crap. I don't watch but am usually in the room when it's on & make snarky remarks. They've done enough drilling & digging to bury the island, IMHAO.

Now we're onto Skinwalker Ranch...same stupid boring crap. Last night they lost water they poured into a hole.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
My hubby & his brother are fanatics on this kind of crap. I don't watch but am usually in the room when it's on & make snarky remarks. They've done enough drilling & digging to bury the island, IMHAO.

Now we're onto Skinwalker Ranch...same stupid boring crap. Last night they lost water they poured into a hole.
Last year I said "They couldn't find gold in a jewelry store".
But I cant stop watching it.

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
I like the Mick Dodge show where he goes to peoples mines and helps them get it running correct. He shows them how much gold they missed or lost with the incorrect setup. Like Goldminers meets Machines kinda show!

Jan A

Boulder, CO
I like the Mick Dodge show where he goes to peoples mines and helps them get it running correct. He shows them how much gold they missed or lost with the incorrect setup. Like Goldminers meets Machines kinda show!
I do like Gold Rush. You see them actually wash rocks & dirt & leach out the gold, or they don't. Nobody's looking for aliens or chests full of gold.

Danimal

5 Year Member
MS
I stopped watching at the beginning of last season, basically feeling exactly the way you expressed in your op Z. I probably hung on a little longer because my wife was really into it. I started feeling really insulted by the whole thing and most reality shows in general.

However! Gary is the best woo woo woo woo he cracks me up
gary.jpg

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
I stopped watching at the beginning of last season, basically feeling exactly the way you expressed in your op Z. I probably hung on a little longer because my wife was really into it. I started feeling really insulted by the whole thing and most reality shows in general.

However! Gary is the best woo woo woo woo he cracks me up
View attachment 324649
I dunno.
They've invested millions searching for maybe hundreds of millions and they act all excited when Garry finds an old, square nail.
Please!

Krista S

Platinum Tortoise Club
Saskatchewan
I dunno.
They've invested millions searching for maybe hundreds of millions and they act all excited when Garry finds an old, square nail.
Please!
Hey, don’t knock the top pocket find! lol You’re right though. I can’t even imagine how much money they’ve invested into the search.