Turtleshack.com Customer Reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.

SILVERSTAR

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
sacramento california
i ordered my first star from them and everything is perfect still,he ate the same day out the box..id recomend this site to anyone ordering a baby tortoise.

LindaF

5 Year Member
I ordered a baby red foot from turtleshack.com last April. The baby arrived overnight after being ordered and was delivered by 10:00 AM. He was healthy and ate within 30 mins of being unpacked. On his well vet visit he was found to be parasite free. He must have been very healthy because he has survived all my new tort owner mistakes. It has been 7 mons and all is good. I have found their web site, email, and toll free number support to be very helpful and responsive. The only negative thing I could say was the baby was shipped in styrofoam peanuts. I wish he had been packed in moss, but perhaps they knew best because he did arrive safe and sound. I would order from them again.

methos75

10 Year Member!
Lawrenceville, IL via Walker, LA
I Have to strongly recommend NEVER EVER using this place, seriously they are know for shipping unhealthy sick turtles and a very hit and miss IMO when it comes to shipping out healthy Turtles. I bought a few Ouachita Maps from them earlier this summer, and three arrived with RI and died within days, only one survived. And looking at their facebook page this is not an isolated incident, seems many get sick turtles from them, and Youtube and other sites like TurtleForums.Com are full with horror stories about them.

j156ghs

5 Year Member
Vail Colorado
The company now has two Web sites: turtleshack.com and tortoiseshack.com. My only experiences involved two aquatic turtles and a tortoise. All arrived quickly and healthy, and none of them seemed phased by the shipping process, eating and moving about as soon as I unpacked them. The company was generous in providing a large amount of free food pellets to help them in the transition and has been very helpful when I've called with questions. Their motivation seemed to be the health and well-being of the turtles and tortoise. I wonder if "methos75" in his Dec. 2010 post confused another seller with turtleshack.com? I have received reptiles and amphibians from other suppliers/sources that have arrived sickly and died within a month or two despite my best efforts. Some places will ship wild-captured species that go through hell being shipped halfway around the world deprived of proper conditions and then are shipped again to wholesalers before reaching a final recipient. But turtleshack.com raises their own stock and that's why there's little concern about parasites, etc., and so many are so healthy.

Weda737

5 Year Member
NC
I ordered my little sulcata from them. He arrived on time and all, but did have some clear bubbles from his nose. I sent an email and got a really nice response. But no response at all on my next email. Tried again and got an auto reply telling me to call the number and in the subject line it showed that my email to them was sent as spam.

Turtle Guru

5 Year Member
WV
i have heard bad things about them. I would go to Turtlesource.com they are great i havent heard anything bad on them so try them instead of turtleshack because i have heard they have some shipping problems and health problems of turtles. I hope i was to you guys.

Tnewton

5 Year Member
I find them to be very pricey, better places to buy from in my opinion

Sonja215

5 Year Member
Portsmouth, VA
My boyfriend ordered a baby Greek for me for my birthday. I received him on Friday, 7 October. By that next Thursday he was gone. He arrived early that day, ate & drank that same day. He ate maybe two more times and even went to the bathroom. I don't know what went wrong, but the entire time I had him, he was not active. I had read online that babys liked to sleep so I thought it was normal. I was able to send him back, but I have not received anything back from them for store credit which I was assured I'd get. The staff, Steve, was very helpful to me and my boyfriend. I'm sure there was something wrong with Cecil before I got him. I wouldn't hold anything against the store, unless they do not honor the guarantee.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Sonja215:

Won't you take a few moments to start a new thread in the "Introductions" section and tell us a bit about yourself?

nikki0601

5 Year Member
Bonifay, FL
They are very over priced, much more expensive than most any other place on the web but I have had only good experiences with them, well the one and only experience with them was good.. Got my yellow belly sliders from them, they arrived quick and healthy and are still thriving, all of em.. When buying turtles and tortoises though I've learned buying from a private breeder is best, someone you can talk to directly, not a company

Status
Not open for further replies.