Turtles in pond Uk

kyle123

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
England
Hi just wondering if there is anyone who keeps turtles in a pond in the UK. I have 1 6 inch map turtle and two 3 inch musk turtles. I curently keep them indoors in a 240 litre aquarium and it is probably adequite for the musk turtles but not the map turtle. I was wondering if anyone has any experience keeping any of these turtles outside in the UK in a pond. Any help would be appreciated.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Hi just wondering if there is anyone who keeps turtles in a pond in the UK. I have 1 6 inch map turtle and two 3 inch musk turtles. I curently keep them indoors in a 240 litre aquarium and it is probably adequite for the musk turtles but not the map turtle. I was wondering if anyone has any experience keeping any of these turtles outside in the UK in a pond. Any help would be appreciated.
Whereabouts in the UK are you Kyle and how does the climate compare with these turtles native range?

I know that RES (Red Eared Slider - or terrapin as we call them here) turn up outdoors as escapes fairly regularly in the south. There's a captive colony in a lake in Crystal Palace park in South East London.

kyle123

5 Year Member
England
I live on the east coast in norfolk. I think the map turtle would survive but maybe the musk turtles would have more of a problem.