Turtles and Tortoise gardens

terryo

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Staten Island, New York
I don't seem to get on here much lately, but here are some recent pictures of the turtles and Solo. The flowers haven't come up yet, so it's not as pretty as it will be in the mid Summer.
Here's Solo, so happy to be outside again. (don't remember if I posted these or not...sorry if I did.)
xfzxuu.jpg

2yv29mu.jpg

This is a little Gulf Coast that Carl sent me from Fl.
20k50xz.jpg

vnfcw4.jpg

This is a little male Eastern that was confiscated from a school room and had bad care, and since he can't close his shell, he can only go out for the Summer. When I got him his shell was soft and he looked a lot worse. He's eating everything now and enjoying the sun outside for the first time. Don't know how old he is but they said he might be over 5 years.
f9glg8.jpg

Here is 4 little one's that were inside for the Winter and this is their first time outside. They will go in the big garden with the others this Summer.
219nqkx.jpg

And here's some of mine in the turtle garden this Spring. No flowers yet.
Little Three Toed digging for something.
cnxug.jpg

df7won.jpg

2vmuerq.jpg

atp3jl.jpg

vxevkm.jpg

212e4xx.jpg

evcs8w.jpg

345zprt.jpg

zk3mn6.jpg

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
It looks beautiful now. You must do a panaramic view when the flowers are out. Your tort and turts all look very happy to have that long cold winter over.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
I have some three toed's, eastern's, and two Gulf Coast's. This is a picture from last year. It's on the side of my house and is only 22 ft. by 7 ft. Not too big, but with all the plants they have plenty of places to hide and get away from each other. There is a cave toward the back on one end.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Lynne...I am the "treat" lady. LOL When ever I go out there I always carry a treat. Some kind of fruit or worm. When they see me they all come running.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
This is a very very nice enclosure. So, so nature looking. All your torts looks happy and health. I can learn something from this. Thanks you for sharing it to us.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
There are 7 in there that I know of. I have two in the house. There might have been eggs in there from last Spring or Summer, but I never take any in, so I would know unless I see a baby if there's more. Most are from a rescue and some are from friends.

kathyth

10 Year Member!
Beaumont, CA.
Solo and all of the turtles are just beautiful!
The turtles garden looks like a piece of heaven.
Thanks for the pictures!!