Turtle Ramp for Water Dish

Status
Not open for further replies.

austinl01

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Little Rock, AR
I have three baby EBT that are growing quite well now. They are in a large shallow Rubbermaid container. I would like some ideas on how to make a ramp for the turtles to easy go in and out of a water dish. I'm using a plastic plant saucer and have some gravel in it so they can get out, but it's hard to clean. Any suggestions or ideas?

Thank you.

Austin

stillframeband

10 Year Member!
Arkansas
austinl01 said:
I have three baby EBT that are growing quite well now. They are in a large shallow Rubbermaid container. I would like some ideas on how to make a ramp for the turtles to easy go in and out of a water dish. I'm using a plastic plant saucer and have some gravel in it so they can get out, but it's hard to clean. Any suggestions or ideas?

Thank you.

Austin

Here's another forum post I found discussing something similar:
http://www.tortoiseforum.org/Thread-Hatchling-water-dish#axzz25hcMdcvu

As for me, I've used a ZooMed Repti Ramp dish for the whole time I've had mine; I just filled it with gravel when he was a hatchling to make sure that it was safe. It's held up fine for 4 years, and I still use it in the outside enclosure...Here's a link to one of those:
http://www.petmountain.com/product/...term=zoo med&gclid=CKKwzrKfobICFQOf7Qod3ToARg

Another option is www.turtletub.com; I just got their '3' model and really like it! Of course that's waaaaaay too big for a hatchling, but I think they had some smaller ones on clearance that might suit your needs. Hope that helps some!!

Btw, have any pics of them? I'm in Hot Springs, cool to see another EBT enthusiast so close to home! :)

MikeCow1

5 Year Member
Orange County, CA
So this is a bare Rubbermaid container? Maybe a layer of coconut coir to bury the dish to the rim. And, my baby Boxes have all liked to dig in some and love moist coir to dig into

austinl01

5 Year Member
Little Rock, AR
stillframeband said:
austinl01 said:

Thank you.

Austin

As for me, I've used a ZooMed Repti Ramp dish for the whole time I've had mine; I just filled it with gravel when he was a hatchling to make sure that it was safe. It's held up fine for 4 years, and I still use it in the outside enclosure...Here's a link to one of those:
http://www.petmountain.com/product/...term=zoo med&gclid=CKKwzrKfobICFQOf7Qod3ToARg

Another option is www.turtletub.com; I just got their '3' model and really like it! Of course that's waaaaaay too big for a hatchling, but I think they had some smaller ones on clearance that might suit your needs. Hope that helps some!!

Btw, have any pics of them? I'm in Hot Springs, cool to see another EBT enthusiast so close to home! :)

Thanks a lot for the information. I think I'll try to find a small plastic paint pan for a new water dish. I want to remove the rocks for easier cleaning. It's cool that you are in Arkansas! I just sold my redfoot so I'm down to just 3 box turtles. They are my favorites anyway.

MikeCow1 said:
So this is a bare Rubbermaid container? Maybe a layer of coconut coir to bury the dish to the rim. And, my baby Boxes have all liked to dig in some and love moist coir to dig into

Yes, it has lots of moist substrate for them. They stay buried a lot...until feeding time! :)

stillframeband

10 Year Member!
Arkansas
austinl01 said:
stillframeband said:
austinl01 said:

Thank you.

Austin

Thanks a lot for the information. I think I'll try to find a small plastic paint pan for a new water dish. I want to remove the rocks for easier cleaning. It's cool that you are in Arkansas! I just sold my redfoot so I'm down to just 3 box turtles. They are my favorites anyway.
MikeCow1 said:
Mine, too; I've never tried to raise anything else but box turtles seem to do really well here :)
Do you know of any clubs/organizations around here for reptile enthusiasts? I've looked around a little but not found anything too substantial, just curious!

Status
Not open for further replies.