Turtle Identification, please help.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Jamaica
so try him with the fish pellets as soon as you can do so!

harris

10 Year Member!
Ohio
What you have is a Mauremys Caspica.

They are endemic to your region.

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
Agree completely with @harris That is a Caspian Turtle. Mauremys caspica. (Large inguinal scute one easy identifier along with head/neck stripes.)

Native to the Northern parts of Saudi Arabia and quite common.

Mostly carnivorous/insectivorous. Get it some good turtle pellets and some meat and/or worms. Also needs a basking light where it can heat up to 90°F (32°C) so it can metabolize food. Water temp of 26°-27° is fine.

RayBolt

Dammam, Saudi Arabia
Agree completely with @harris That is a Caspian Turtle. Mauremys caspica. (Large inguinal scute one easy identifier along with head/neck stripes.)

Native to the Northern parts of Saudi Arabia and quite common.

Mostly carnivorous/insectivorous. Get it some good turtle pellets and some meat and/or worms. Also needs a basking light where it can heat up to 90°F (32°C) so it can metabolize food. Water temp of 26°-27° is fine.
Might be, but that means he’s starving rn and I need to get him food, I will go to the pet shop soon though!

RayBolt

Dammam, Saudi Arabia
Bought some turtle pellets. Didn’t find a basking light, I’ll be looking for that tomorrow. I took some videos of a literal madness but I can’t send them :( ;alright gotta go feed the little guy!

RayBolt

Dammam, Saudi Arabia
How much SISO turtle protein sticks should I give him per day? It says 3-4 times per day but it doesn’t say home much sticks.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Wow, you really are trying hard for him, good for you and keep us posted, please!

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
We feed him turtle sticks 3 times a day, 1.5 sticks each time. Is that good?
I don't think it has to be three times for the day! Just once is good enough, say after the sun has been up a while and he warms up. Watch and see if he leaves any of the food, and remove it if he is no longer interested.