turtle garden..before and after

Status
Not open for further replies.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Staten Island, New York
Spring is here and things are starting to bloom in the turtle garden. It's just a little garden on the side of my house. I think it's 22 feet by 6 feet. In the back is the hibernation cave.
011.jpg

In another few weeks it should look like this (last Summer) You can only see a small entrance to the hibernation cave now
018.jpg

IMAG0061-3.jpg

Tyrtle

5 Year Member
Arvada, Colorado
I just added this to my favorites. I love your garden! It's beautiful. Being a tortoise there must be a great life.

turtlemann2

5 Year Member
Mid Willamette Valley, Or
Terryo, im always in awe :), bet you cant wait for everything to pop up and have your turtle pen grow into a turtle garden once again :) Love the pics

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
To look at it makes me want to have turtles! :D How lucky are they to have you as their mother Terry! Plus your son too because I know you mentioned once before that he had made this for you. I hope I'm correct on that. :p Can you send him to my house in California and he can make Dale, Ruby and Little Eddie something like that? :D

Benjamin

5 Year Member
zone 7b
A very nice looking turtle garden, I look forward to seeing updates thoughout the season.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Thank you! After all these nice compliments, I'll have to post some pictures of Pio's garden next.

DesertGrandma

10 Year Member!
Arizona
I would love to have a garden just like that. Maybe someday I will have a summer home out of the heat, ahhhhh......sigh......

Terry you always inspire us with the beauty of your place for your turtles and tortoises.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
And winter before last, Terry posted a picture showing that same gate that you see in the upper right corner of the picture, but it was all under several feet of snow. It amazes me that it can go from 3' deep snow to what you see in this thread in a matter of weeks.

jackrat

5 Year Member
Hamburg,AR
As always,Terry,just awesome! You have a gift when it comes to gardening.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I love your work. It must be loads of fun for you and your turtles. I hope I can get Tatums looking half as good would be great. Please keep pics coming. Loved Pio's too, it's coming along great.

jojodesca

5 Year Member
Bay Area
Terry, You ever have escapees? or does the edging make a shelf that they cant get out?..I really like this idea and hope to utilize your design for me!

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Thanks everyone. Jo...all the stones, and slate are cemented and the top ledge over hangs about 6 inches. At the end of the garden there is a small little planter right before the garden. Last year, a few times I found one turtle (kat) in that small planted a few times. So I got up early and sat on the bench and waited ...2 hours....Finally Kat came out of the cave where they all sleep and climbed up on top of the hosta and actually walked right over the ledge and into the small planter. I dug out the hosta and put it more towards the middle, and made sure nothing else was near the edge now. Well, as soon as Kat got up from hibernation, she went right over to the spot where the hosta was. I couldn't believe that she remembered. Kept looking up and walked all around but of course she couldn't get out anymore. I had to run and get my camera and take a picture to show my son.
029-1.jpg

031-1.jpg

jojodesca

5 Year Member
Bay Area
My Pokey dug under the water dish and flipped the water out...and i keep catching her doing it...really making a mess out of it.....I think she needs her own space, she is a messy room mate for the ttbt's! It's like re-directing a toddler with her....I cant have her spilling the water everywhere.....

Status
Not open for further replies.