Tucson Reptile and Amphibian Show

Status
Not open for further replies.

ellen

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Sonoran Desert
I went to a local pet store today and found a flyer for this event. I just went on their website for more details. It looks like it's going to be a ton of fun.

http://www.tucsonreptileshow.com/

October 5 - 6, 2013
Saturday 9am - 6pm
Sunday 10am - 4pm

Tucson Expo Center
3750 East Irvington Road
Tucson, AZ

Adults: $7
Kids 6-12: $3
Five & Under: Free

"Come See and Purchase Thousands of Captive Bred Tortoises, Snakes, Lizards, Frogs, Turtles, Bugs, Cages, Books, Shirts, Jewelry and Supplies
All at Great Savings

Displays of Native Rattlesnakes, Exotic & Venomous Reptiles From The USA & Around the World, Alligators, Crocodiles, Giant Tortoises, Giant Monitors, Cobras, Vipers

Meet and Buy Direct From Well Known Breeders and Reptile Enthusiasts From Around the Country.

There Will Be A Free, Hands On Herp Photography Workshop With Bill Love (Professional Photographer & Writer For Reptiles Magazine) On Saturday & Sunday Afternoons

So Bring Your Camera!

Free Fossil Dig For Kids, A Petting Zoo With Alligators, Giant Lizards, Giant Tortoises, Lizards & Snakes, Oh My

A Portion of the Show Proceeds Will Be Donated to the Biodiversity Group to Help Save the Biodiversity of Our Planet

Entry Fee Includes Unlimited Access For The Entire Weekend

If You Are Not A Reptile Lover, Come Anyway, We May Change Your Mind

Door Prizes Every 30 Minutes

Snake Bar, Oops, I Mean Snack Bar On Premises."

Irish

5 Year Member
Orlando Florida
I went to Repticon in Orlando. They did not have much in the way of torts other than a lot of baby red foots, but I had no idea that tree would be so many snakes. Rosie boas and pythons galore! Tarantulas, geckos, too many to list. I wish I had enclosures made prior and $500! Redfoot tort babies were $60-$80. Insane variety of morphs in snakes, all price ranges.

ellen

5 Year Member
Sonoran Desert
I've never been to Orlando, but that sounds like fun, too...

I really can't wait for the Tucson show. I'm working extremely hard on graduating this semester so it'll be a nice treat to go see that petting zoo when my brain's fried.

nate.mann

5 Year Member
Glendale, Arizona, USA
i dont have a way to get there or i would go. very sad. haha

0.1.0 Russian tortoise
0.1.0 Sonoran Desert Tortoise
1.0.0 Bluenose Pit/American Bulldog

ellen

5 Year Member
Sonoran Desert
I've never been to it, but I'm glad to hear it's good. I've only been a tortoise custodian for about a year now (exactly a year on Oct. 14th) so I never even knew an expo for reptiles existed. I'd considered "someday" adopting a tortoise when my little ones sort of found me.

chosen2030

10 Year Member!
Mesa, Arizona
ellen said:
I've never been to it, but I'm glad to hear it's good. I've only been a tortoise custodian for about a year now (exactly a year on Oct. 14th) so I never even knew an expo for reptiles existed. I'd considered "someday" adopting a tortoise when my little ones sort of found me.
Both of the Phoenix Expo event planners are tortoise breeders, so there are always many tortoise vendors.

ellen

5 Year Member
Sonoran Desert
:( I really didn't like the event. The animals were awesome but the people were really rude. Quite frankly the children were more well behaved than the adults.

Status
Not open for further replies.