Tucan Jungle Aldabra?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tortoiselady

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
S. CA
I noticed a question similar to this so I thought I would ask here too. I am in S. California and Tucan Jungle is too. You can physically go there and see the tortoises. Because I live close enough to drive it, and I do not need to ship the tortoise (I agree Aldabraman is great too) has anyone any knowledge of this guy down in San Diego and his tortoises? Are they raised well and are they healthy? Many people can put on a good show when you go to visit them, but has anyone really dealt with them? I like the idea of avoiding shipping for the tortoise's sake.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Aurelio Padron

5 Year Member
I have bought birds and 2 Aldabras from Chris at Toucan Jungle and have always been very pleased with what he sent. I found him easy to reach and always answered our questions honestly. The 2 aldabra babies we bought from him are doing wonderfully and are growing by leaps and bounds. I've also bought touracos and other softbill birds from him and have never been dissapointed. Aurelio in N. Florida

tortoiselady said:
I noticed a question similar to this so I thought I would ask here too. I am in S. California and Tucan Jungle is too. You can physically go there and see the tortoises. Because I live close enough to drive it, and I do not need to ship the tortoise (I agree Aldabraman is great too) has anyone any knowledge of this guy down in San Diego and his tortoises? Are they raised well and are they healthy? Many people can put on a good show when you go to visit them, but has anyone really dealt with them? I like the idea of avoiding shipping for the tortoise's sake.

Thanks in advance for your help.

mike1011

5 Year Member
Chris is a stand up guy. I dealt with him several times and was not disappointed.

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
I have spoke with him on the phone several times, no actual business transactions with him.

Texastravis

10 Year Member!
Overall Pretty good. The hatchlings I got from him had bubbly noses for awhile but now gone after being in my care. Could have just been caused from short term low temps during shipping though.

Anyone know where he imports all his Aldabras from? He gets about 20 at a time it seems and sometimes bigger ones.

Baoh

10 Year Member!
Florida
The animal I received from him was in exemplary condition.

Status
Not open for further replies.