TTPG Conference - 2016

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I really, really want to go...but I just can't tear myself away. I'm turning into quite the recluse in my old age.

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
I take a weeks vacation every year to go to this and the Mesa Reptile show ! Someone has to check on these great people so they don't forget their roots ! :)

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
I really, really want to go...but I just can't tear myself away. I'm turning into quite the recluse in my old age.

I understand, but I do hope I get to meet you in person one day.

Oxalis

10 Year Member!
Michigan
Just now reading about this conference. Very cool! Maybe I will try to catch it sometime in the future. I imagine I would really enjoy this kind of event. :)

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
Good to catch up with friends and meet people I haven't met before. GotTort it was all so dynamic I feel like I didn't have much a chance to chat more. Wow, what a mind blowing few days. Those Russian Mud Turtles were cool to see. It's overwhelming.

GotTort

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Good to catch up with friends and meet people I haven't met before. GotTort it was all so dynamic I feel like I didn't have much a chance to chat more. Wow, what a mind blowing few days. Those Russian Mud Turtles were cool to see. It's overwhelming.
It was great meeting you Will. Hopefully we can talk more next year!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

I tried a Google image search and poor Google couldn't find any "Russian mud turtle"

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
I had to ditch the last part of Thursday and all of Friday, but the speakers I heard were all great. What really makes this a worthwhile event for me is the personal conversations with other hobbyists. I had several good conversations with fellow TFO members and gained a lot of knowledge that 1 year on TFO just cannot provide. Not tossing TFO under the bus, but it's just easier to communicate in person than by words on a computer screen.

It was good to catch up with Tom, Will, GotTort, Grandpa Turtle and to say hi to other TFO members. There are some great people in this hobby doing a lot of good for tortoises and it's nice to be involved in that work. I highly encourage other forum members to attend next year if at all possible.

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
I tried a Google image search and poor Google couldn't find any "Russian mud turtle"

A "Russian Mud Turtle" is a person who offers encouragement to a animal interest in someone else despite what family, friends, or the social 'current' at the time indicates. My Dad thought I'd be living under a stair well at this point in my life based on the interest, my mother said something to the effect of "well hopefully you will out grow this before you need a job". My sister never held back telling me that 'everyone at school thinks there is something wrong with you' she's the one that told them. Even a university professor who helped with my reptile and amphibian boy scout merit badge (an ichthyologist) suggested that if I did go to college I should go into chemistry, it pays better.

The Russian Mud Turtles in my life were an aunt and my grandfather. Now you know.

At an older age Harold Carty was a Russian Mud Turtle for me.

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
But how do we get it to the right people ? And just in case someone asks I don't have any teens ! :)
I forwarded your idea to Russ, crediting you, and adding that they should put the call out to those thousands of recipients that get the turtles week educational packets.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I pulled this picture off Facebook. Does anyone recognize anyone? I THINK that's Tom, 7th from the left, first row.

TTPG 2016 conference.jpg

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
That's the biggest group I've seen there. They may need to find a bigger venue next year.