Trogdor the Burninator is here!

Rutibegga

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Philadelphia, PA
He arrived at my office this morning, had a soak and a poop, then had to wait several hours in a holding carrier until I could leave. He's home now, had some dandelion and chard, and is now exploring his new enclosure.

Some crappy cellphone photos for now, real photos to follow once he's settled in.

This guy is very outgoing and adventurous. He even seemed to enjoy a gentle neck rub while soaking. He's perfect!

1438718426596.jpg 1438718441275.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Merrick

5 Year Member
South Florida
Thanks! I've been watching him explore his enclosure since I got home!
He will be like that for a few hours maybe days then will probably sleep a bunch waking up only to bask and eat. Just warning so that you are not alarmed sorry if you already knew that

Rutibegga

5 Year Member
Philadelphia, PA
He will be like that for a few hours maybe days then will probably sleep a bunch waking up only to bask and eat. Just warning so that you are not alarmed sorry if you already knew that

I assumed that would be the case. He's currently snoozing, buried in substrate. I'm hoping he will wake up for some food before I head to work in the morning, otherwise I'll just leave him breakfast and see him for some sunshine, soaking, and weed nomming tomorrow afternoon when I get home.

Oh, and some photos that aren't through plexiglass using an actual camera. I'm hoping for those tomorrow too.

LemmyBites

I have to admit, I was skeptical of this getting a tortoise thing. But he's really entertaining to watch and has way more personality than I was expecting. Tortoises are funny little creatures.

Rutibegga

5 Year Member
Philadelphia, PA
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1438812270.525958.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1438812284.679739.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1438812301.991687.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1438812313.248545.jpg

Trogdor got to visit his roof hangout, including a planted (but not yet sprouted) weed garden in a kiddie pool and some pots of dandelion and clover that he deemed delicious. He sunned himself, explored a while, then hung out in a planter for a while. He enjoyed a snack of dandelion and clover, a good soak (and a poop!) then went back inside to check out the new plants in his home.

He's now cozy, burrowed under some moss. I don't expect I'll see him again until tomorrow afternoon.

Rutibegga

5 Year Member
Philadelphia, PA
Just some photos of this evening's adventures. Troggy was shy yesterday, but has been a bit curious this evening. He had a mandatory soak, but followed that with a couple of self-imposed quick dips in his water dish. I am smitten with this little guy.

He weighed in at 72g today, at about four months. I don't know if that's normal, I just wanted a baseline. He's hungry and pretty curious, so as long as he goes up in weight over time, I'm happy.

These photos were taken through plexiglass, so they're not perfect, but I still think show off his high levels of adorable.

Attachments

• 1438901514180.jpg
    1438901514180.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 92
  • 1438901528546.jpg
    1438901528546.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 88
  • 1438901544740.jpg
    1438901544740.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 89

Rutibegga

5 Year Member
Philadelphia, PA
I love your enclosure! He looks so happy. I'm glad that you're enjoying him!
We really are. He's fantastic! I'm watching him eat his breakfast right now while having my coffee, which is the new routine.

Thank you for this little monster!

LemmyBites

Someone learned how to climb his ramp today! He redecorated it to his liking, of course.

Attachments

• 1438976662173.jpg
    1438976662173.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 72

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
Just some photos of this evening's adventures. Troggy was shy yesterday, but has been a bit curious this evening. He had a mandatory soak, but followed that with a couple of self-imposed quick dips in his water dish. I am smitten with this little guy.

He weighed in at 72g today, at about four months. I don't know if that's normal, I just wanted a baseline. He's hungry and pretty curious, so as long as he goes up in weight over time, I'm happy.

These photos were taken through plexiglass, so they're not perfect, but I still think show off his high levels of adorable.
Your enclosure looks right good. Is it an open or closed enclosure. How are you keeping your humidity up? :D

Rutibegga

5 Year Member
Philadelphia, PA
Your enclosure looks right good. Is it an open or closed enclosure. How are you keeping your humidity up? :D

It's closed, and our current issue is that the humidity is too high! It's been hovering in the mid 90s, so we've been leaving a gap open to let things dry out just a bit. I think we hydrated the coconut coir a bit too much. The plants will probably help with this, too. I planted some seed mix around the water dish yesterday to give him something to graze on indoors--he's got an outdoor area with dandelion, testudo tortoise mix, and clover.

Rutibegga

5 Year Member
Philadelphia, PA
Troggy (AKA the baby dinosaur, as I've been calling him) enjoying his breakfast. I have to mash Mazuri in really well on the days he gets it or he will ignore any plants entirely.

Attachments

• 1439288940316.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 58
  • 1439288950888.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 56