Traveling with a Sulcata? Need Advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

IRTehDuckie

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Utica. MI
I will be taking a greyhound bus accross the country with a sulcata. He is just a little fella, about 6 months old. Obviously greyhound doesnt accept animals on their buses, but ive already carried bearded dragons on them lol But ive never caried a tortoise on a bus before, but i have had him traveling to North Carolina to Michigan.. and he seemed to be alright on that trip, but it was also a car ride about 17 hours, not a 65 hour bus ride lol

i was just curious if you guys have any advice?

most likely i would be keeping him inside a shoe box of some sort, probably in one of my bags, but dont worry! im not going to have him hidden deep in a bag with no oxygen or something like that, i think of him like my child, i love him to pieces :3

but if you guys could give me some advice that would be greatly appreciated!

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I took a bus once to las vegas it is a experience I never want to repeat. I would carry water and food and at the rest stops there will be a lot, soak and feed him. I would try to find something a little stronger than a shoe box, something more crush resistant, in case of an emergency. ( a fall or something like that) I wish you and your tort luck, 65 hours is gonna be a killer trip on you both.

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
I'd gp to WalMart or Target and get a plastic box of an appropriate size (perhaps 9" X 5" X 12"), like this one:

3R39-1--RNlogo-large.jpg

Fill it w/ aspen bedding a couple inches deep, drill some air holes and he'll travel comfortably. I use such when I transport my torts to the vet, etc.

IRTehDuckie

5 Year Member
Utica. MI
dmmj said:
I took a bus once to las vegas it is a experience I never want to repeat. I would carry water and food and at the rest stops there will be a lot, soak and feed him. I would try to find something a little stronger than a shoe box, something more crush resistant, in case of an emergency. ( a fall or something like that) I wish you and your tort luck, 65 hours is gonna be a killer trip on you both.

yeah i know its going to be absolutely insane, but hopefully this will be the last bus ride i have to take anywhere haha and thank you for the advice!!

Status
Not open for further replies.