Trading Radiated tortoise

Onidara

Trading radiated tortoise for "cherry head" Brazilian or "Bolvarin" southern Adult Redfoot females

zovick

10 Year Member!
You should be aware that trades of Radiated Tortoises for any other species requires BOTH parties to possess CBW Permits (or be legal residents of the same state). Also, according to the new head of USFWS Management Authority (Tim Van Norman), even if the trade involves only Radiated Tortoises (IE, 3 babies for one juvenile), the same rules apply. In other words, the only trade of Radiated Tortoises not requiring a CBW (or same state residency) is an even trade of one Radiated Tortoise for another Radiated Tortoise. It is a rather unfortunate way for him to interpret the law regarding interstate commerce involving endangered species, but that is his interpretation and we must abide by it for the foreseeable future.

I know the above statements to be true because one of my friends who deals with him and USFWS on a daily basis asked him about these things directly only a couple of weeks ago.

tony's torts

5 Year Member
Trading radiated tortoise for "cherry head" Brazilian or "Bolvarin" southern Adult Redfoot females
I am in the process of applying for a permit. Once I have it I would be willing to trade. How long does it usually take to get the actual permit by the way?

zovick

10 Year Member!
I am in the process of applying for a permit. Once I have it I would be willing to trade. How long does it usually take to get the actual permit by the way?

It has been taking between 6 to 7 months and a year to get any decision on the permit applications as of April 2018.