Trading Goodies?

Stuart S.

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Paris, Texas
I have 2 bags of brand new Mazuri pellets. One is the small tortoise diet LS and the other is the tortoise diet LS, both bags have been opened but I only used a pinch out of each because my baby did not like either one. ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1491362140.168633.jpg

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I've come across some OLD contacts asking for stuff I no longer have or forgot that I posted.
I STRONGLY recommend anyone seeking to trade or sell any items leave an Email address as a contact.
Also, check the date on the posts. Many of these are already a few years old and a few are folks who are no longer members here.

Hermes

Lake Butler, Fl
they sell the prickly pears on the net and ship
The easiest way to get prickly pears and cactus pads for your tortoises is to go to a Mexican store and buy it there for very cheap. They call the pads "nopales" and the prickly pear "tunas" and for a dollar you will get a few pounds, so it's a lot cheaper than buying online and there are Mexican stores in every state I've ever lived so it's worth checking it out.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
The easiest way to get prickly pears and cactus pads for your tortoises is to go to a Mexican store and buy it there for very cheap. They call the pads "nopales" and the prickly pear "tunas" and for a dollar you will get a few pounds, so it's a lot cheaper than buying online and there are Mexican stores in every state I've ever lived so it's worth checking it out.

My neighborhood Walmart grocery store isn't a Mexican store, however, they carry nopales and nopalitas.

Hermes

Lake Butler, Fl
Well, if you live in an area where the Mexican population is big enough then it will be easier to find at places like Walmart but if you live in a place as diverse as say, Montana, then there are always little Hispanic shops that sell them

Hermes

Lake Butler, Fl
Remember not everyone is lucky enough to live in Austin Texas, or even in the fake sunshine state (aka California)

nightoff

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Florida
Anyone in the Ft Lauderdale area or willing to travel here, email me for a source of free nopales. It is wild grown along the railroad tracks so I don't know if it will be there today and gone tomorrow. I gathered some a few years ago for my yard and now grow more than I need. [email protected]

Actually, if anyone would like some shipped, I would be willing to gather and ship some if you pay for postage.

Daniel Freel

5 Year Member
New Jersey
I have access to a very large amount of Rose Of Sharon seeds (Hibiscus Syriacus). I have numerous full grown trees on my property. My sulcatas love to eat both the flowers and the leaves. They are a very hardy plant that produces flowers every night from July-October and grow between 7-13 feet in height and can withstand even the coldest northeast winters. I would love to trade some for other plants I could grow for my sulcatas to eat.

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
I have access to a very large amount of Rose Of Sharon seeds (Hibiscus Syriacus). I have numerous full grown trees on my property. My sulcatas love to eat both the flowers and the leaves. They are a very hardy plant that produces flowers every night from July-October and grow between 7-13 feet in height and can withstand even the coldest northeast winters. I would love to trade some for other plants I could grow for my sulcatas to eat.
Hi! I don't have anything to trade, since I'm just starting out with trying to grow plants for my desert tortoise.
But I would love to buy some of your seeds! If interested, please PM me. I hope we can work something out!