Tortstork sent a Xmas Miracle!

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Ga
Large Marge and her big brother Murphy eating lunch outside today.IMG_20200319_142556513.jpg

Beasty_Artemis

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Oregon Coast
She is a real gem!!! Do you know when she was hatched ? I was also hoping you could post pics of her plastron so I could see for comparison

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
She is a real gem!!! Do you know when she was hatched ? I was also hoping you could post pics of her plastron so I could see for comparison
Yes, if you go back to the first page you can see when she hatched. It was Xmas Eve 2018. I'm not sure she is a she yet I just refer to her as that. IMG_20200401_173301797.jpg

KronksMom

Illinois
Marge is amazing. She (you know, or he), is the smoothest redfoot I have ever seen. Maybe the smoothest tort. Way to go!
About her gender, couldn't you ask Tyler at Tortoisestork what temperature the egg was incubated at? I know that isn't a guarantee of gender, but it could help you have more confidence one way or the other. If not, please correct me, I'm really not sure.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Marge is amazing. She (you know, or he), is the smoothest redfoot I have ever seen. Maybe the smoothest tort. Way to go!
About her gender, couldn't you ask Tyler at Tortoisestork what temperature the egg was incubated at? I know that isn't a guarantee of gender, but it could help you have more confidence one way or the other. If not, please correct me, I'm really not sure.
Thank you I'm super happy with her growth. They say it's never guaranteed but Randy incubated this one to be female. He/she has gotten pretty big. I should be able to tell for sure within the next year I think. Right now I call her "Monte Marge" if she is actually a he then he'll be "Monte". Lol

KronksMom

Illinois
After reading her entire thread, I have to admit I'm sad she didn't end up with a Christmas themed name (I love Christmas the way a four year old loves Christmas), but I have fallen in love with her in spite of that small short coming ?

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
After reading her entire thread, I have to admit I'm sad she didn't end up with a Christmas themed name (I love Christmas the way a four year old loves Christmas), but I have fallen in love with her in spite of that small short coming ?
Lol, I kind of have an "M" and "S" theme that just kind of happen. All my turtles and Tortoises have names that start with either M or S. I've got Murphy, Marge, Moe, Mookie, Speedy, Snap, Spud, Sheldon, and Spike. Lol