Tort's poop ( warning poop pics )

ZenHerper

Location (City and/or State)
New Jersey
Is the grass you're talking about literally grass? I live in an apartment in South Korea.I can't afford to have a garden where I live.

I checked the veges for the African tortoise at this forum, and I went out and looked for them, but I can't find most of them here because the environment is different from that of the West. I'm still looking for them.

Literal grass, yes. =)) Lawn grass is fine as long as it has not been treated with fertilizer or pesticides. Sometimes you can find window grass kits for indoor cats.

Young torts should be eating green, growing grasses. Adults can be transitioned to dry hay.

This is a good discussion:

Perhaps a local zoo or university can help you identify food sources.

Reactions: ISU

ISU

South Korea
I hope she is ok, and is doing better, I must say your a great owner most don't check this, and miss it till is , really bad,
Thank you, I understand you well. I can't wait to get out of this difficult problem. Really!

ISU

South Korea
Literal grass, yes. =)) Lawn grass is fine as long as it has not been treated with fertilizer or pesticides. Sometimes you can find window grass kits for indoor cats.

Young torts should be eating green, growing grasses. Adults can be transitioned to dry hay.

This is a good discussion:

Perhaps a local zoo or university can help you identify food sources.
It's very difficult to find something that doesn't use pesticides here. But thank you. I'll keep looking.

Thank you so much for your help!

ZenHerper

New Jersey
It's very difficult to find something that doesn't use pesticides here. But thank you. I'll keep looking.

Thank you so much for your help!

It is so worrying!

Look for a source of plants in this family (at the market or a wild field):

jeneliza

burton michigan
Is the grass you're talking about literally grass? I live in an apartment in South Korea.I can't afford to have a garden where I live.

I checked the veges for the African tortoise at this forum, and I went out and looked for them, but I can't find most of them here because the environment is different from that of the West. I'm still looking for them.

The temp and humidity inside Enlousre is following Tom's advice well.

Yes, When I find her poop, I remove the substrates around it, too. Thank you.

I got information from Korean forums not too long ago and most of the people there maintain a similar environment with me.

And now, got a lot of information about uvb lamp, temp and humidity and changed it at this forum.

I want to get good information from here and grow her into a healthy tort.
You could do what I do, I live in Michigan, in USA, it's has warm summer, but very cold winter, so I got little planters, the ones used to start seeds, and grow different grass, seeds for the winter, when they get over growth, I put the grass inside her encloser and start new plants, this way when she eats all the grass I just put new one in, seeds are very cheap and I just use the Coco air, substrate, from the encloser, it grows great plants,

ISU

South Korea

ISU

South Korea
You could do what I do, I live in Michigan, in USA, it's has warm summer, but very cold winter, so I got little planters, the ones used to start seeds, and grow different grass, seeds for the winter, when they get over growth, I put the grass inside her encloser and start new plants, this way when she eats all the grass I just put new one in, seeds are very cheap and I just use the Coco air, substrate, from the encloser, it grows great plants,
I'll listen to you. Thank you!