Torts: Male or Female??

Status
Not open for further replies.

teq1

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Texas
So I think these two Egyptians may be male and female. But I would like to be 100% sure. I have been told they are the pair, but not for sure yet. So....can anybody tell me what these torts are?

P1010814.jpg

P1010821-1.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I'm not good at sexing Egyptians, but they both look male to me.

jeffbens0n

5 Year Member
Glenmoore, PA
I agree, also no expert on egyptians, plus they still look young to know for sure, but they are looking like they are going to be males.

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
Gotta agree w/ Yvonne and Jeff...looks very much like two males.

Top one definitely, need a better shot of the cloacal opening on the bottom one, but it certainly has a large tail.

GBtortoises

10 Year Member!
The Catskill Mountains of New York State
I agree they both look to be males. The first definitely is. The second one also appears to be based on the tail length but a straight on shot of the tail (similar to the first photo) would tell better.

teq1

5 Year Member
Texas
Two males huh. Ill try to take a new picture of the second one. He's crazy and runs around all the time so I'll see if he lets me haha. Thanks!

teq1

5 Year Member
Texas
I tried to take the best shot I could of the 2nd tortoises' tail, but he/she was being stubborn. These are the best I got. I hope it helps! The last pic may look a little weird. The tortoise was releasing some urates and I decided to pick him up and take a picture, all while hoping he wouldn't pee on me! His little tail has some aspen pieces and urates in there because I just picked him up by surprise.

IMAG1502.jpg

IMAG1500.jpg

IMAG1503.jpg

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
The second one is definately a male. :) Can you take more pictures of the first one like you did for the second one? How big is the first one?

Danny

Status
Not open for further replies.