TORTS AT THE SAN DIEGO ZOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Jilly and I had a chance to hit the zoo this weekend.... Here are a couple of shots of the " Big Boyz N Gals" .... Lurking around '
( and some passed out :p... ) .... on a hot day ....:D
ENJOY ... * HAPPY TORT~N *
bigals.jpg

bigpass2.jpg

biggiepassed.jpg

bigpasswater.jpg

bigal2.jpg

JD~ :)

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
FL
Love those giants! So adorable :)
Thanks for sharing!

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
They are beautiful and HUGEEE!! I love the last pic, he or she looks sooo comfortable taking a nap :D

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I was just there a couple of weeks ago and the Galops were off exhibit and there were construction trucks every where. Man what a pisser. Those and the Komodo are my main reason for going. Doesn't look like they changed it much. Added those pools and planted some succulents.

soundwave

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Calgary, Alberta CANADA
Tom said:
I was just there a couple of weeks ago and the Galops were off exhibit and there were construction trucks every where. Man what a pisser. Those and the Komodo are my main reason for going. Doesn't look like they changed it much. Added those pools and planted some succulents.

Tim, I feel your pain. I was there month ago. I fly in from Canada and was so excited about the Galops but all I got some was some construction fences :( The zoo was an awesome experience but not seeing the Galops was disappointing.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
I vaugely remember as a small child, being at the San Diego Zoo and Riding them... I SO wish I had a picture of that!!

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I remember when knott's berry farm had a galap, I don't think you could ride it, but you could get up close and personal with it, I tjink I fell in love with tortoises at that moment, no one else seems to remember it though, I hope old age is not setting in, come on people save me tell me you remember it.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Laura said:
I vaugely remember as a small child, being at the San Diego Zoo and Riding them... I SO wish I had a picture of that!!

I don't vaguely remember it. I remember it very well. That's what started this whole turtle and tortoise thing. My very next birthday brought me Tommy Turtle in 1979.

Status
Not open for further replies.