tortoisesupply broadleaf seed mix

bigred

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
I bought some of this seed mix and added a few things like kale seeds and grass seed. It sprouted in about 2 days and the torts are out eating it right now. They started grazing as soon as I put them in the enclosure. I have a few different areas for them so I can rotate pens

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I love this mix. I recommend it all the time. Its my favorite non-grass mix, and I feed it to all of my tortoises. It grows really well for me and I'm able to just keep cutting off of it over and over again.

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
bigred said:
I bought some of this seed mix and added a few things like kale seeds and grass seed. It sprouted in about 2 days and the torts are out eating it right now. They started grazing as soon as I put them in the enclosure. I have a few different areas for them so I can rotate pens

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Tom said:
I love this mix. I recommend it all the time. Its my favorite non-grass mix, and I feed it to all of my tortoises. It grows really well for me and I'm able to just keep cutting off of it over and over again.

I was surprized at how quick it started growing, GOOD STUFF

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
whats in the mix? would you say it would be good for mt. torts? I plan to make a garden for the tortoises after this winter

Kyle

nate.mann

5 Year Member
Glendale, Arizona, USA
as soon as i get some cash im going to get a bag. will be growing it as soon as it warms up as well.

0.1.0 Sonoran Desert Tortoise
0.0.1 Leopard Tortoise
1.0.0 Bluenose Pitbull/American Bulldog

reatrocity

5 Year Member
West Virginia, United States
Definitely considering getting some, as well as some Mazuri in order to diversify Morgan's food choices. Thank you for bringing it up. :)

Wonder if they could be grown inside just fine? Sounds like something awesome for the winter.

nate.mann

5 Year Member
Glendale, Arizona, USA
you can grow almost anything indoors, just give it light..any light.

i had a chinese water dragon years ago, and parakeets next to it. they tossed seeds everywhere, some went through the screen on top of his tank, and because is was coco coir, got misted daily, and had light, and things sprouted grew in his enclosure! haha. he liked to hang out in them. i left them because it helped keep humidity up, and it looked good surrounding his basking rock.

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Millerlite said:
whats in the mix? would you say it would be good for mt. torts? I plan to make a garden for the tortoises after this winter

Kyle

Im not sure exactly what was in it and I threw the empty bag away. You can go to website and contact them and ask

Yelloweyed

5 Year Member
SoCal California
Tortoise Supply will not tell you what's in the mix as other companies will just replicate it.

Just throw the seeds on some clean (no pesticide, perlite or vermiculite, fertilizer added), cover lightly with more soil (optional) and add light! Note: the deeper the soil (over 6 inches), the more successful the plants. If the soil is only a few inches, the plants will quickly turn yellow after the roots run out of space.