Tortoises not gaining weight

Bradrt

Location (City and/or State)
San Diego California
I am relatively new to tortoises but I have a couple problems.
Background: I have three hatchling tortoises in my possession a leopard, sulcata, and a Pancake I also live in San Diego CA if that helps identify the problem. They all came to me back in march from three accredited breeders and all in good physical condition. I started off for a month with them in a open top enclosure with a heat lamp that i thought was uvb but ended up not being uvb so for a week all they had was heat then I added a uvb lamp. temps of 95 under the basking bulb and radiating heat throughout of 80. then I built a table just like Zoomeds so i could have them outside all the time but not at night. This setup was for 2 months with a sand coco coir dirt mix substrate and temps varied wildly and had really no moisture. I’ve since recently built a sealed lid in which I have consistent temps of 90 in the hide during the day and 82 at night and 112 under the basking bulb(ho flood) I also use a ceramic heat emitter at night to keep temps above 75. Along with that I use a 12’ tube HO uvb bulb. I spray the enclosure twice a day maintaining humidity throughout the day at 70%. I soak them in warm water every day in the sun for 30 minutes. I have been feeding grasses, weeds, and flowers with calcium powder everyday. I also have recently put a cuttlebone in there with them but as expect not much action with that. My problem is that I have had all three for 3 and a half months and none of them have gained weights. When I received the Leopard he was 39g he is now 36. The sulcata was 41g when I received her she is now 39g and has a plyable plasteron and a soft carapace on the edges. The Pancake was 68g and is now 66g but was at one point 82g and dropped back down. (I can send a picture of the enclosure if needed). The only thing I have not tried is building separate enclosures for all of them to separate them.

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
Please post a picture of the enclosure. So you keep all different tortoises together?

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
You should never keep different species of tortoises together. They each require different care. Hopefully an expert will be able to help you. Do you have enclosures to keep them separated?